Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 6 years ago

Sociologists Please Help Me Analyze Venezuela.?

Hello, I'm Writing This Paper For My Sociology 101 Class Where I Have To Analyze The Protests/Riots Going On In Venezuela, But I'm Confused On How To Apply The Perspectives.

How Would A Social Conflict Theorist See These Events?

How Would A Functionalist See These Events?

How Would A Symbolical Interactionist See These Events?

Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated. Thank You.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

Social Conflict Theory: The success, or faillure of the conflict in Venezuela will depend on how the poor-respond, so far only the Middle-class has been protesting, because they don't see progress for themselves, the poor however still believe that the President Maduro, will make-true on the promises from the late-President Chavez.

Functionalist: With the Middle-Class being unhappy, you have oil, on the unrest fire, that will keep flaring up, unless balance is restored.

Symbolical Interactionist: This isn't about the President, or politics, these are students responding to a loss of perspective, it's gonna be hard for them to finish their education, the job perspectives are difficult in the higher-segment, so they riot.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

Lily of the Valley has nailed this.

Change your Sociology paper to another topic where human interaction is more defined by economic disparity such as inner city schools in a city like Detroit for example.

• 6 years ago

Go on the internet and search for the latest news from

Venezuela. A good site to visit is wikipedia.

• 6 years ago

there is no social conflict - it is outsiders causing a coup

what BS they teach you

Venezuela is the victim of CIA coup just like all the others round the world - all that waffle is meant to obscure this truth - no wonder you are confused

just reply with similar waffle - they don't care - they want you indoctrinated not educated

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.