Kurds hate Turks?

I am an Azeri Turk and I heard that Kurds hate Turks. Why?

Favorite Answer

The Kurds are spread out around where Turkey, Iraq, and Iran meet. They have had ongoing conflicts with each country because they want more autonomy than the government has wanted to grant. In Turkey's case, the PKK (a guerilla group) has killed soldiers and civilians over the decades, prompting reprisals. In recent years, Turkey has granted more autonomy to its Kurds (such as allowing the use of the Kurdish language in local schools and radio stations), but old grievances die hard for some Kurds. Other Kurds have integrated with the rest of Turkey or at least learned to live with being a minority.

Most of the Iraqi Kurds dislike Turks and massacring them. Because, the Turkmens of Kirkuk want independence. They are fighting for their rights and they are undergoing persecution. On the other hand, there is not a problem like this for the Kurds in Turkey. Kurds and Turks are merged here. I have Kurdish friends and they are really nice people.

probably bitterness and resentfulness at the wrongdoings they believe the Turks did to them. I never talked to a Kurd but I dated a Turk.

Kurd? Please explain to me what a kurd is?

If you mean the pkk supporters, yes they hate turks because turks dont give them land to build their own country. So they started riots, attacks and brutal bomb attacks, and mass murdering turks from the mid 80's on .

In my personal opinion, the ppl who supports the so called kurdish freedom fighters terrorist orga pkk are betrayders.They caused the death of more than 40.000 innocent ppl including kids and unborn babies. I personally would rather considered a piece of s ht instead of kurd.

I'm %25 Turk %25 Kurd %25 Turkmen %25 Azeri so If you ask me the only reason is Recep ****** ERDOĞAN!

Are you serious? Turks want to claim VICTIM so bad. They are NOT victims. Their government is FASCIST yet they love to boast democracy. They are no democratic. Not only do they abuse their own people, but they abuse minorities too.

Did you know that they committed genocide against Kurds, Assyrians, Armenians and Greeks? AND THEY DENY IT WHEN THERE IS EVIDENCE, THEIR ARE PHOTOS, THEY ARE PEOPLE who have been through it.

Yesterday, a six year old Kurdish boy climbed a flagpole to bring down the fascist Turkish flag at a military. Keep in mind, he is SIX.

And guess what? He was murdered. And this is what Prime Minister Erdogan had to say about the situation:

"We don’t care if he is a child," Erdogan said, referring to the protester. "Even if a child dares to take down our sacred flag both him and those who send him there will pay a price.

More info:http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/134224-turkish-...

He is basically saying that their "sacred" flag is more valuable than a LIFE.

Don't you dare make it seem like Kurds are the bad guys here. It has always been the Turks, the Ottomans...always.

kurdish people want to separate their lands from turks

@ lady bug :

the turkish gov is the one who is massacring the innocent children & women all over the kurdistan & armenia

Actually NO! It's just another game of some .....