Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 6 years ago

Hair dye burning scalp?

I dye my hair frequently; reds, auburn and brown. This is maybe the 6th time I've done it, 2nd time this year. I'm dying it what the box calls a 'delicious light brown', aka close to my natural colour. The brand is Loreal Paris, sublime mousse, by Casting. I didn't have my hopes up for it to stay true to the colour on the box, but that's not what is bothering me.

I put it on my parting; instant burning sensation. 5.5/10. It's durable, but this hasn't happened before. I've never used this brand before, either. Didn't do the safety test, since I had been fine before. I continued to put the stuff throughout my hair, my scalp just feels really itchy, uncomfortable and of course, the burning sensation. It's irritating me. Is this a reaction or normal for a light brown dye? I've had it in my hair for maybe 5-10 minutes.

Thanks.

Best Answer

You've got more chemicals on your hair than I have in a year. I didn't have burning scalp, but I had frequent migraines, the 1st one lasted 14 hours!

When your scalp starts to BURN, it means you've gone TOO FAR with chemicals.

Some people have actually died from dyeing their hair.

Style meets chemistry meets biology: We're talking hair coloring.

Playing with chemicals is not like playing with clothes, or doing a manicure, there are penalties for playing chemicals in the lab. Even hair color experts at the salon are not rocket scientists, they do a bang up dye jobs to their clients or their own hair.

Chemicals can enter the body through the skin.

> > > Hair dye chemicals linked to cancer

London, Feb 20, 2013 I've been saying that since 2009.

Hair dyes, which include home hair colouring kits and those used at pricey salons, are linked to deadly cancer-causing chemicals, warn scientists. In 2009 the Mail revealed that women who used hair dyes more than nine times a year had a 60% greater risk of contracting blood cancer.

A year later the European Commission banned 36 hair dyes which put long-term users at risk of bladder cancer. < < < <

Google: Teen 'feared she would die' after reaction to hair dye

The allergic reaction was caused by a well-known brand of semi-permanent hair dye Chloe used to turn her hair black for a Hallowe’en party. . . . . called for beauty bosses to ban hair dye chemical PPD (para-phenylenediamine) from the shelves. 11-04-11

The chemical is not new and is present in a number of brands of dark hair colours, acting to help adhere the dye to the hair so that it doesn't wash out. It’s made from coal tar and is used in both permanent and semi-permanent hair colours. It’s well-known to be a cause of serious allergic reactions -- including something called contact dermatitis which can lead to rashes, blisters, and open sores.

PPD is sometimes added to black henna tattoos and that using them is not safe. Allergic reactions usually begin within two to 10 days following application. One bad reaction can lead to sensitivities to other products such as hair dye, sunblock and some types of clothing dyes. Oftentimes, it's using the product a second or third time. Skin specialist Najjia Ashraf reveals that there are barely any dyes that don’t contain this toxin; even the ones who claim they don’t, are not being honest. “Big brands often escape the blame by suggesting they are ammonia-free. However, ammonia and PPD are two very different things and PPD is present in nearly every dye because it is what gives off the colour,” she explains.

Google: A 38-year old mother left in a coma after using hair dye. SHE DYED HER HAIR MANY TIMES BEFORE, USING THE SAME BRAND. The British woman who went into coma after a reaction to hair dye has died after a year. Updated 11-25-12. The woman suffered a heart failure, struggled for breath and became unconsciousness. Her family blamed paraphenylenediamine, a chemical found in hair colour. Her family has now called for paraphenylenediamine to be banned from home dye kits. In 2000, a 38-year-old Indian-origin woman from Birmingham, Narinder Devi, died after an allergic reaction to hair dye.

Permanent black hair dye is linked to causing leukemia and lymphomas.

Google search: Salon hair dye horror stories. About 305,000 results (0.20 seconds) OR Google Salon Hair Dye Lawsuits. About 336,000 results (0.17 seconds) Dec. 2011

When it comes to hair care treatments, product use or visits to a salon or spa, the consumer must take responsibility to do their homework and be aware of all the risks involved.

Vanessa Minnillo Lachey: "I dated a guy once who wanted me to have blonde hair. Clearly, he was the wrong guy for me! I went to a lady who bleached my hair and it literally fell out. So, not only did I go back to my natural hair, I broke up with the guy!"

Another example posted on YA! 8-20-12. Is it just me or does xxl live max blonde make your scalp feel like it on fire? I've recently used a max blonde on my hair and I had to wash it wash off straight away because my scalp felt like it was on fire has this happend to anyone else?

A WOMAN was temporarily blinded when her face swelled up "like a football" following what she told was a severe reaction to hair dye.

Carmen Rowe, 25, from Swansea was hospitalised for three days after using the Clairol 'Nice n' Easy' natural black colour. She said: "I lost my job, all for the sake of a glamorous hairstyle. I just want to warn parents what could happen." She claimed she carried out a skin test 48 hours before using the dye without a problem and has been colouring her hair since she was 13. March 3, 2012.

Example of one who's hair is falling and stopped growing from YA!:

"my hair had been bleached many times and can't grow past a certain length

its also falling out . i stopped bleaching it.

i just need to add lenght! but if i can stop it from falling out..that be great too"

Google: January Jones: "My Hair Is Falling Out In Clumps" 1-28-13 To quote Joni Mitchell, "you don't know what you got till your thick hair is gone."

SALON: Hair bleach burnt my scalp?

its been a week today that i had my mobile hair dresser come and do highlights for new year. it was blue powder and white cream stuff she mixed up to use. anyway she got it on my scalp which really burnt me! the foil was so hot she could barely touch it! she didn't rinse my hair off until she had finish the last two highlights and by that point the pain was so bad i was almost crying! she didn't even wash the bleach out of my hair properly and when blow drying it it just burnt me even more! that same day about an hour after she left it was still burning and noticed scabs forming and my hair sticking together. i did go to the doctors the other day to get it checked as the pain is still very bad and its also swollen. all they gave me is this shampoo called oilatum that i can only use twice a week. dose anyone know of what else i could possibly do or use to stop this incredibly bad pain and burning that keeps me up a night too. as the doctors have said its not infected.

1

Source(s): Hair Fall Treatment http://enle.info/HowToStopHairLoss/?36C7

A co-worker recommended putting two packages of Sweet & Low in the dye mix, right before application. It worked the first time I tried it -- no burning scalp, no problems at all. However, the last time (a few days ago) I colored by hair with Loreal Preference, my scalp was on fire -- even though I had added the Sweet & Low. Next time, I'll trying THREE packs -- if my scalp is still on fire I'll have to switch brands. While it seems that none of them completely cover the gray in my strawberry-blonde hair, Loreal covers MOST of them. Garnier Nutrisse and Revlon doesn't cover them at all.

Its okay..

Wash your hair well. Then go chemist and get some special shampoo that is gentle to your scalp. Its usually for dry scalp. T Gel shampoo will do the job.

It will take about 2/3 weeks for your scalp to feel normal again.. annoying I know. I'm sure you will dye your hair again. Change your product. Follow the time exactly on the box. Any minute longer can cause this to happen again.

Don't worry about any thing else. Sure this has happened to most of us. Just don't scratch your head. If it is really mad go to the doctors. (Hair lose, bleeding)

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/ayc4J

If its burning BAD then wash it off, if its burning but its actually not very painful then it should be fine especially if its blonde dye, it burns a little bit every time i dye my hair but it does that with everyone but once i dyed it and it was burning bad but i did nothing because i thought it was normal like the other times (although it was much worse) then when i washed it off my skin had had a fairly minor reaction and some of the dye had sort of stuck to my skin, it came off over a few days but it was sort of like a scab made out of hair dye, i had dyed it immediately before but it messed up so i was dyeing it back and i think thats why i had the reaction. your hair wont fall out. short answer: if its burning badly wash it off asap but you will be fine

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Hair dye burning scalp?

I dye my hair frequently; reds, auburn and brown. This is maybe the 6th time I&#39;ve done it, 2nd time this year. I&#39;m dying it what the box calls a &#39;delicious light brown&#39;, aka close to my natural colour. The brand is Loreal Paris, sublime mousse, by Casting. I didn&#39;t have my hopes...

Source(s): hair dye burning scalp: https://biturl.im/9UBHv

I had this happen b4 with a loreal black dye it burn really bad my mom said it happens when u have sores n ur hair. But my brother is younger then me n he felt it n said get in.a shower now. I did thank god cause my scaple wad red n sore for 2 weeks. Btw if u call loreal n tell them what happen they say it ur fault. But found out they add a wrong dye to it.

When using light brown dyes or any lighter color, most of them can cause some irritation. I know that most Loreal dyes do the same thing to me, so I switched to Garnier.

IDK how long it has been since you posted this, but wash it out if it is unbearable to sit through.

Good Luck!

It depends on exactly what the girl looks like. I like both, but I'd say blonde generally goes well with everyone. Some can't pull black off.

Stop Gray Hair Naturally : http://GrayHairGone.siopu.com/?rtO