Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 6 years ago

My mum won't let me get my eyebrows done?

I'm 14 and everytime I ask her she says "you're too young" or "you don't need to" but I do need to, I don't have hairy eyebrows but they have NO shape whatsoever and it really gets me down because ALL my friends have nice eyebrows and get them waxed.

I will pay for it myself, I already help around the house anyway so I don't know what else to do. How can I convince her? I just need them shaped and I know where I want to go to because my friends go there. I will feel more confident if I did get them done.

Oh and I forgot to mention my mum lets me wear makeup like foundation, mascara etc and she lets me go to parties so I don't see why this is a big deal? She lets me do anything but this and having boyfriends. I go places far from home on a train, if I'm responsible enough to do that then I don't see why I can't do this.

Favorite Answer

Depending in ur religion if ur a Muslim I understand y ur mum tells u no

However even u r a non Muslim, plucking or waxing eyebrows isn't very good for your eyebrows however YOLO so try persuade ur mum

Sometimes act pissed off cause I don't have something that all my friends have but sometimes act really nicely and that usually works better

Source(s): It's really a bad answer but…

I have a sister and when we were growing up she wasn't allowed to put on make-up, or date, or go to parties until she was sixteen. You're still too young, sweetie. Even though I don't have a daughter, I'm still a father, and take it from me: It's good to be one of those girls who wait to do things. Don't get your eyebrows waxed just because your friend do. Be your own person and be confident with the way you already are.

My mom usually let me do whatever I want as long as I'm brave enough (things like getting eyebrows done). ITS PAINFUL, MY FRIEND. Especially during the first time. I only got them did once when I was 13 and hell, it was awful. I vowed to myself to never do that again (though I still do them haha).

You can buy tweezers and pluck them yourself if you want. It's cheaper too! So if you they grow back again, just pluck em again!

Did you tell your mom that it'll make you feel more confident to get them done? If you tell her that, maybe she'll budge. (Oh, and please, don't whine. Never whine. NEVER EVER WHINE). Tell her it'll be a huge boost to your self-esteem.

However, you ARE too young to get them done. I'm sure you don't NEED to get them done. You're probably absolutely beautiful (which I have no doubt you are). You should wait a little longer. Your mom wants what's best for you c: Stay confident and embrace who you are.

Good luck!

Really you are too young. in future you can face the problem with hairy eyebrows. And i know you'll be looking sweet like this. Can i see your pic?

You ARE too young and don't need it done. So what if your spoiled uppity friends have it done, that does not mean you have to do it too