Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

since Harry Reid passed the nuclear option, can a simple majority over turn all of Obama's illegal executive orders when GOP takes congress?

in November?

Update:

just saying.. you always refuse to answer a direct question. theorfore, I have no further use for your hate, ignorance and rants. BLOCKED from posting your left wing lies and propaganda on my postings. have a nice day.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I think its best to ride the time out until 2016 election, We will have a republican president, republicans will have the house and the senate, Then we get the bonus, nuclear option, The Left will Cry, But so what, We tell them what they are telling us now, Then we will turn everything around.

• No, because any act of Congress still has to be signed by the president before it can take effect.

But the GOP can prevent Democrats from ever filibustering anything. Which only means now the president will veto everything instead.

• 7 years ago

It's not necessary. Executive Orders, unlike statutes, expire with the President's term in office.

• 7 years ago

The 'nuclear option' applies only to filibusters against presidential appointments, because the Republicans, in their desperation, made it a policy to filibuster every single Obama appointment.

So it's kind of silly to act all like 'no more Mr. Nice Guy'. 8^)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

No......Dictatorships do not work like that. Fascism is a one way street.

• ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

No. It would mean democrats would find it hard to prevent legislation they disagreed with from being passed.

It wouldn't be the end of the world because Obama still has the veto.

But if there was a republican president, it would be the end of America.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Um, no.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.