Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 6 years ago

What are some good backup sights for my AR15?

As of right now, it has no sights attached.

And I plan to use a reflex sight with it.

What re some good backup sights to install in case my reflex sight goes out?

PS: If you don't like the question or wanna leave a rude response, then DONT ANSWER THIS QUESTION.

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Troy makes some of the flip up iron sights for the AR-15 in the world. But expct to pay $250+ for a set.

Magpul makes their MBUS sights, which I have on my gun. They work very well for what they are, and are easy to deploy. A set will run you around $100.

All depends on how often you plan on using them. Or, if you anticipate being in a life or death situation of your reflex sight goes bad.

However, be warned - the internet is current just awash with cheapo china sights made for the AirSoft guns that are being sold as milspec or milspec like for the AR-15.

What you can do is take a peek at the different BUIS (back up iron sights) offered at www.midwayusa.com or www.brownells.com and see what features float your boat - and what price range suits you. You can buy a useful backup adjustable rear sight for as little as $38 with most of the nicer ones one in the $50-$80 range - but you can also drop big $$ on one too. Me - I went with the middle of the road models made by Yankee Hill Machine. Only because having anything made by YHM adds value when selling an AR. Other affordable companies like MI, Troy, etc have nice affordable ones - but - don't add much value at all.

The only way to avoid getting soaked with an AirSoft sight is to buy from a reputable web site or gunstore.

If you are not going to use them much than standard Magpul are fine. If you are going to use them a lot, then look at the Magpul Pro or Troy sights. Others are good as well, just haven't tried them.

I have Troy Dioptic on the rear and a Magpul Pro on the front because it doesn't require a tool to adjust elevation. (And yes you can mix and different brands as long as they are standard height).

Magpul MBUS ( magpul back up sight) rear sight.

Regular iron sights

Magpul MBUS are my favorite, but there are others out there that are similar.

I have a Magpul MBUS on mine and ti works well.

Well I have a Troy BUIS on mine. Hard to go wrong with it.