Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 6 years ago

What does Islam say about psychic abilities?

Let's say you were born with them. Let's say you had them throughout childhood and that you didn't understand what they were or understand their usage.

I had psychic abilities as a kid and they faded over times. Now I am lately becoming psychic for only 1% - 5% of time. I pick up things like flashes of images and sounds happening concurrently regardless of distance. I sometimes pick up flashes of past. These things just come by surprise, usually when I don't expect them.

I am familiar with clairaudience, clairsentience, remote viewing, etc.

What does Islam say about owning or using psychic abilities? What if you can't get rid of them, if they were God's gifts?

Here is one thread from Ummah.com from a psychic Muslim.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?301086-P...

Muslims, do you think that psychics are largely misunderstood by people of all religions?

@Mind&Heart, which sect? I am for now a truth-seeker.

Folks, if you need know, I don't play with ouija boards or bother with tarot cards. I don't do crystal gazing or rod dousing. I don't even have books on ESP, spiritualism, etc.

@Sad Dreams, Prophet Muhammad was psychic.

Psychics are fakes. Same as fortunetellers. Whatever they say might contain some truth in it, but it will be mixed with a hundred lies.

What they do is, they take help from shaitaan - which is both shirk and kufr. A muslim should never believe in this stuffs - Allah alone knows the unseen, if you believe someone else knows the unseen as well then you'll be committing shirk.

Prophet ﷺ said “Whoever goes to a soothsayer and asks him about something and believes him, his prayer will not be accepted for forty days.” (Narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh).

“Some people asked the Prophet ﷺ about soothsayers. He said, ‘They are nothing.’ They said, Prophet ﷺ, sometimes they say something and it comes true.’ Prophet ﷺ said: ‘That is a word of truth that the jinn snatches and whispers into the ear of his familiar, but they mix a hundred lies with it.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim).

Islam is indifferent to this, since the Koran was initiated by a not very educated man for very simple people. The Koran just does not say anything one could use as some divine guidance.

There are, however, strong rejections in Islam for sorcery.

A psychic ability is intrinsic to humans. This phenomena is just with most people so weak that they don't become aware of it. As a psychologist, I believe in this capability of our brain. I experience it myself quite frequently. One should, however, not confuse this with clairvoyance and fortune telling. Allah has us not given the ability to look into the future. Whoever claims this is a fraud - and there are many.

ن شاء الله

Dr. El Hakim Bin Nimsa Al-Faruq مفتي عالم

Scholar of Islam, unorthodox, enlightened, humane and honest

I am not sure, but here is a very interesting real experience:

Experiencing Jinn

http://www.al-mawrid.org/pages/articles_english_de...

Source(s): al-mawrid.org

As much as I love X-men I have to break it to you that they aren't real.

• mind

have you decided to convert?

****************

Follower of Quran and Sunnah, are you coming?

I will celebrate it here on Ramadan?