What does Islam say about psychic abilities?

Let's say you were born with them. Let's say you had them throughout childhood and that you didn't understand what they were or understand their usage. I had psychic abilities as a kid and they faded over times. Now I am lately becoming psychic for only 1% - 5% of time. I pick up things like flashes of... show more Let's say you were born with them. Let's say you had them throughout childhood and that you didn't understand what they were or understand their usage.
I had psychic abilities as a kid and they faded over times. Now I am lately becoming psychic for only 1% - 5% of time. I pick up things like flashes of images and sounds happening concurrently regardless of distance. I sometimes pick up flashes of past. These things just come by surprise, usually when I don't expect them.
I am familiar with clairaudience, clairsentience, remote viewing, etc.

What does Islam say about owning or using psychic abilities? What if you can't get rid of them, if they were God's gifts?
Update: Here is one thread from Ummah.com from a psychic Muslim.
http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.ph...
Muslims, do you think that psychics are largely misunderstood by people of all religions?
Update 2: @Mind&Heart, which sect? I am for now a truth-seeker.
Update 3: Folks, if you need know, I don't play with ouija boards or bother with tarot cards. I don't do crystal gazing or rod dousing. I don't even have books on ESP, spiritualism, etc.
Update 4: @Sad Dreams, Prophet Muhammad was psychic.
5 answers 5