Help with an essay about myself please ?

I need to write a personal essay for this program that I want to be accepted into during the summer. The only problem is... I'm absolutely terrible when it comes to writing about myself. There are two prompts I need to address in 500 words or less, they are :

Why are you still interested in becoming a SMASH (the program I want to get into) scholar?

and

How has the past shaped you and defined what you will bring to the SMASH community?

Now, I've got the first prompt out of the way in 300 words, but I have no idea how to talk about the second one ! I don't know what to say at all, and I've got 200 words left to write it in.. Is that even enough ? Please, if you could give me any sort of advice, it would be greatly appreciated !! Thank you !! :D

Oh, in case you wanted to know about the SMASH Program, I copied this down from their website:

ABOUT SMASH ACADEMY

SMASH IS…

 Summer Math and Science Honors Academy.

 A three-year 5-week summer math and science enrichment program.

 For high achieving, low-income high school students of color.

 Focused on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).

 Successful in preparing scholars for college and achievement in higher education.

 Free of cost.

You could also look at

http://www.lpfi.org/sites/default/files/smash_2012...

Favorite Answer

I wrote about it

You can try

Family

Teachers

Community

School

Friends

And how they influenced you