Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 6 years ago

Is wearing shoes without socks healthy?

In a question I asked earlier, I mentioned that I've been getting into this barefoot lifestyle, going around barefoot wherever I can.

Therefore I've been considering wearing shoes without socks, so I can transition to being barefoot more easily and more discreetly.

But I'd like to know how healthy that is.

Is it going to make my feet smell, is it going to make them hurt more? Anything you can offer is welcomed.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't know about it being healthy, but if you never worn or seldom wear your shoes without socks, it may take a bit for your feet to get used to not wearing socks, so your feet may hurt a little bit till your feet gets used to not wearing socks. If it is cold outside, it may take some time for your feet to adjust to the cold weather. Also the shoes may make your feet smell, but if you use a foot odor spray that should take care of the odor. I have been wearing my sneakers without socks for 30 years, and my feet are so used to not wearing socks I can wear my sneakers without socks when the outdoor temperature is 15'F or above.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

It is not healthy, always wear socks in shoes. IF you don't your feet are going to stink! I used to do that when I was a boy and my feet smelled bad.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

if you're switching from barefoot to no-socks shoes and vice-versa then i'd assume a fungi problem or feet odour problem is on its way. Even if you don socks, anyway. Dirt, dark and moisture- perfect for a fungi party :) That's all I can think about. But to each his own.

• 6 years ago

i don't know if its healthy but when i was little my dad said it gives your feet blisters

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

who cares i go commando

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.