What TV network has given the most in depth reporting on Ukraine and the world?

lots of pretty faces on Fox, too much politics on both Fox and MSNBC. It seems MSNBC has the edge on educated experts--but both Fox and MSNBC rely on young and inexperienced reporters

I have seen nothing about Venezuela from Fox and MSNBC (but I do not know whether NBC or other regular TV news networks)..I wonder if Fox patrons even know what is happening in Venezuela.

But I see CNN and BBC (Al Jazeera is not too bad for international news) being more global in their position and reporting--and clearly more informative.

I don't watch either Fox and MSNBC a lot, but I watch them equally to get perspective. But it appears that Fox is very superficial and sometimes even directly biased (MSNBC is biased, but it appears they are more honest about their position--Fox is especially irritating because they interrupt their guests so much that I can't even understand the position of the guest (at least MSNBC allows them to speak more often).

I don't mean this as a criticism of the political leanings of any network, but as a critique on their depth of information that gives useful info in order to make personal decisions (I don't need to invest using Biblical prophesy, I'd rather have actual information)

To MY AMERICA, opinion is actually important--info without giving a background is useless and all back ground is determined by one giving you the info. But Fox and MSNBC are obviously biased in their opinions toward the political leaning of the networks--the reason Fox exists is to support or control Conservatives, MSNBC seems to be more of a reaction to Fox by liberals...Both are biased--recently an expert investment advisor on Fox was found to be using his interpretation of Biblical prophesy when he gave advice....that is an example

Favorite Answer

Apparently bekindtoanimals doesn't know that Keith Olbermann hasn't been on MSNBC for several years. So much for the value of her critiques.

MSLSD is trash. You're a racist! Eat $hit, Palin. Then Olbermann telling off Bush nightly as if he was God. I never watch MSNBC. Smirky Madcow turns my stomach. Four people fired within a couple of months and one apologizing in tears for total complete hypocrisy. Then you have Sharpton trying to start a civil war over Zimmerman. How could you ever watch such trash? 15% news, 85% opinion. lol lol lol. MSNBC is for those who very literally hate the right. Chrissy has lost that thrill up his leg. Never a common sense discussion on the entire network. Even Morning Schmoe is disgusting.

FOX 45% news, 55% opinion and those opinions come from both sides. You would never hear both sides on any other network. Never. The purpose of journalism is to hold government accountable, not to be its cheerleader. CNN has 55% news and 45% opinion yet they have very few viewers. People really seem to prefer cheerleaders. That's why this country is so screwed up.

By the way, most of those "pretty faces" on FOX are attorneys and prior prosecutors. That is why they are such good interviewers. Most of their journalists came from network news, ABC, NBC, CBS. They preferred FOX where they were permitted to report what they found in their investigations.

• ?

I use to think RT was quite good but have noticed over the last two weeks its gone all anti US and pro Russia.

Listened to two presenters both women and both American spouting off about how impartial they are and would never say anything on are they thought was not true.

Both times I felt like shouting at them you report what is put in front of you .

You don't make the news you present it you fool.

MSNBC, Al Jazeera, RT, CNN and France 24.

BBC World News speaks to pro Russian Ukrainians in the east as well as anti Russia Ukranians in the western part of the country.

CNN has not done this.

Fix and MSNBC are rubbish.

LOL sorry boy but

here is your daily fact slapping

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/06/05/is...

In the Pew Research sample, two of the three major cable news channels had a fairly even distribution of airtime devoted to opinion and to newsgathering. CNN was the only one to feature more reporting (54%) than opinion (46%) overall. At the Fox News Channel, the split leaned toward moderately more opinion (55%) than reporting (45%).

On MSNBC, however, the mix of news and commentary skewed heavily in one direction. Fully 85% of the channel’s airtime in the period studied was devoted to opinion. Only 15% of its programming was filled with reporting. And the time of day really didn’t matter. The percentage of MSNBC airtime devoted to opinion was more than 80% in the morning (6-10 a.m.), mid-day (12-3 p.m.) and evening (6-10 p.m.)

MSNBC has Richard Engel. He's my go to guy when it comes to international stories. I understand complex issues better after one of his reports.

RT - RussiaToday http://rt.com/

YouTube for different videos. If you know how to search you will find plenty of them about Ukraine crisis.

• meg

PBS has the most depth but not always the the latest developlments since they only have news once a day

Many only ones I trust are CNN or the BBC.