Mark asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 7 years ago

Technicians only?

I'm looking for more books on technical analysis. So far I've read the "Way of the turtles", "The winning edge", "Stock investing for dummies", "The new science of technical analysis", "Fire your stock analyst", "The new Market Wizards", "How to make money in stocks, William Oneal", "Technical analysis, Kirkpatrick 2nd edition", "Trade like an Oneal Disciple", "The great super cycle", "The disciplined trader, developing winning attitudes". "The definitive guide to point and figure charting"

Ive read a good amount but not enough and now Im purely interested in technical analysis. Are there any books you would consider for advanced technicians? Also right now Im half way through the point and figure book and can already tell I want to further study this charting method. Do you have any recommendations for any books on P+F charting?

Also please write a brief description of the book you post.

Update:

SumDude, I was actually thinking about buying a book on counting cards since one dude in the markets wizards book did count cards before he became a trader and he mentions the correlation between the two. But you are already on the investing part of yahoo answers, you dont have any books you would mention on investing, technical analysis preferred?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • David
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You've probably already studied Dow Theory, but that's the basics.

Elliot Wave Theory is helpful in defining waves of patterns, as long as you don't try to "predict" anything. Especially helpful when you try to program your newly found trading system.

But Technical Analysis is just a tool, like the computer. It doesn't "predict" anything either. Much of T/A is random noise. Deciphering the significant from the chaff is difficult.

What most traders are trying to do is become consistent. Even if you're wrong half of the time, keeping your losers small with good money management techniques and letting your winners run can be profitable. Risk is the focus first, but good trading strategy is the aim and application, not some indicator. Incorporated into the indicator and rules are good strategies. Developing a rule-based system for trading

The number one reason traders fail? No trade plan. Read this book if you want to get serious about trading helps you become consistent.

Nassar, David S. - Rules of the Trade

I don't use DiNapoli levels, but his book gives a total understanding of Fibonacci levels.

DiNapoli, Joe Trading with DiNapoli Levels

A must study for beginners of Technical Analysis

Edwards & McGee Tech. Anal. Of Stock Trends 2001

Other books

Farley, Alan S. - Master Swing Trader, The

Prechter, Robert Jr. Market Analysis for the New Millennium

Krutsinger, Joe Trading Systems - Secrets of the Masters

Miner, Robert C. Dynamic Trading

Kaufman, Perry J. Trading Systems & Methods

Rotella, Robert P. Elements of Successful Trading, The

Bierovic, Tom Playing For Keeps in Stocks & Futures

Sperandeo, Victor Trader Vic-Methods of a Wall Street Master

Bulkowski, Thomas Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns

Brown, Constance All About Technical Analysis

Lefevre, Edwin Reminiscences of a Stock Operator

Douglas, Mark Trading in the Zone

Velez, Oliver & Greg Capra Tools &Tactics for the Master Day Trader

Hill, John R. & George Pruitt Ultimate Trading Guide, The

New Market Timing Techniques: Innovative Studies in Market Rhythm & Price Exhaustion: by Thomas R. DeMark

The New Science of Technical Analysis: by Thomas R. DeMark

The Education of a Speculator: by Victor Niederhoffer

Trading for a Living, by Alexander Elder

Justin Mamis' The Nature of Risk: Stock Market Survival and the Meaning of Life. I believe this book to be foundational to new traders because it discusses, what else?, the nature of risk in the market.

You could study W.D. Gann for a year and not scratch the surface.

Shop around on traderslibrary.com, traderspress.com, fraser publishing as well as Amazon. There are a ton of good books out there and lots of free resources on the web.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Binary options let users trade in currency pairs and stocks for various predetermined time-periods, minimal of which is 30 seconds. Executing trades is straightforward. The system uses user-friendly interfaces, which even an 8 years old kid, can operate without having to read any instructions. But winning trades is Not easy.

Binary trading is advertised as the only genuine system that lets users earn preposterous amounts of money in ridiculously short period of time. Advertisers try to implicate as if you can make $350 every 60 seconds; if it was true then binary trading would truly be an astonishing business.

However, does it make any sense? Can every trader make tons of money in binary trading? Who is actually paying all the money or the profit to traders?

The first challenge is finding a trustworthy binary broker; secondly, you need to find a binary trading strategy, which you can use to make profits consistently. Without an effective trading strategy, there is no way you can make money in this business.

Learning a profitable trading strategy is possible, You should watch this presentation video https://tr.im/4f450

It's probably the best way to learn how to win with binary option

• 5 years ago

A lot of interested traders are asking themselves the question if you can really make money with binary options? The answer is that you can indeed make money in binary options trading. Learn here https://tr.im/Bfg2p

Obviously this is a perfectly legitimate question considering that most people have not traded binary options in the past and generally believe that investing is a very difficult activity.

However, you will have to put an effort into it. You will have to learn money management, reading of charts as well as the usage of indicators.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

You can't succed in binary trading without a strategy, a good method to follow and some kind of software support. They program I use is called "Autobinary signals". It helps finding loopholes for guaranteed returns. It's very easy to use and I'm earning good money. You find all the details on this site: http://tradingsignal.toptips.org/

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

"How to win at blackjack" by I B da Haus "The ultimate instruction book for suckers and losers" - Las Vegas Gazette

If you buy low and sell high, that means someone else has to buy high, and hope someone will buy at an even higher price from him. Sounds like a con to me.

Source(s): Accountant
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.