Why would my dad say something to me like this?

I am turning 30 this month and my dad just randomly stated "did you realize you are older than your mom was when she got married and you are still single..." It made me feel really bad inside, especially because I already feel bad for being single.

• Antst
    Favorite Answer

I wouldn't worry about it.

The world was different when your dad was 30. People married younger. These days, it is completely normal to be 30 (or older) and not married. There are probably things you have achieved/done that your mother had not done at 30. It is not worth doing a comparison because your worlds are so different.

If you are 30, then it is time for you to realize that your parents aren't always right! You're an adult and it is OK for you to disagree with them.

If you are unhappy being single, then by all means, go ahead and look for a life partner. But if you are happy where are are, I wouldn't give it a second thought.

• Franco

Hello

I am single, and I am 30 years old. Do I feel bad? No.

Why would my dad say something to me like this? Ask him if you want a good answer. I think maybe he wants you to leave home, and make your own life.

I think you should go out in your own time and enjoy your life. It's not all about men.

Talk to him.