Why has Willem Dafoe NOT won an Academy Award/Oscar yet?

I have seen a number of movies with Willem Dafoe being one of the main characters. It just amazes me that he has never won an Oscar yet. I know he has been nominated, but he never actually won. I have never been a fan of the Oscars because I feel that they are incredibly biased, but Dafoe is such a good actor that... show more I have seen a number of movies with Willem Dafoe being one of the main characters. It just amazes me that he has never won an Oscar yet. I know he has been nominated, but he never actually won. I have never been a fan of the Oscars because I feel that they are incredibly biased, but Dafoe is such a good actor that it seems illogical he has never won. If a actress like Sandra Bullock and actor like Nicolas Cage(both who I feel are no where near the level of Dafoe in acting abilities) can win an Oscar, what is preventing the Academy's from giving Dafoe an Oscar?

Obviously people will disagree with me. By all means I am voicing my OPINION, but I almost feel it is factual at this point that Dafoe should be an Oscar winning actor.

There could be a number of reasons he has not won, such as actors/actresses that are more deserving. But like I mentioned above Bullock and Cage both won, so why not Dafoe?

Personally my favorite Dafoe movie was Platoon. I'm a 1990 child so I do not remember the Vietnam War era, but from what I have learned from videos and readings of the era, he really melded into that roll perfectly.
Update: @ Just Me. No duhhhh my paragraphs are not going to change anything but that's why I m asking the question. I am wondering why. Obviously I know my 'paragraphs' are not goin to change anything. I am assuming you think I am some idiot, which is fine. However is it not more stupid for you to give such a... show more @ Just Me. No duhhhh my paragraphs are not going to change anything but that's why I m asking the question. I am wondering why. Obviously I know my 'paragraphs' are not goin to change anything. I am assuming you think I am some idiot, which is fine. However is it not more stupid for you to give such a dumb reply. That is just my opinion. By the way I will vent all I want and be happy about it.