Why,when and how did the U.S become allies with Mexico?

From what I understand Mexico and the U.S didn't like each other very much prior to WW2.

• J
    Favorite Answer

US and Mexico have a long history of a love/hate relationship.

The US conquered Mexico and kept the part the didn't have any Mexicans in it. (Spanish land grants were there prior to the nation of Mexico) The US helped Mexico out when Napoleon III sent French troops and propped up Maximillian I of Mexico. Mexico adopted a socialist government in 1914 and repressed christians, which were helped by the press in the US.

Now, Mexico benefits greatly from remittances from Mexicans working in the US, legally or illegally. They use the US as a pressure valve for those that might rebel against their corrupt federal government. They talk to their own people about a reconquista.

The federal government of Mexico works with the US federal government because the Mexican government does not control vast areas within Mexico's own borders and struggles to sustain any meaningful control in others. Much of this is caused by cartels engaging in a lucrative drug trade to Americans who just love their drugs.

Oh not really was not that long back the Mexican paso collapsed the only country that would help them out was America During our civil war Spain the British and France invaded Mexico during our civil war we told them all this was an act of war against America Spain and the Brits left as told the brit saying oh we did not know that the France wanted to control Mexico the president of Mexico hide out in my home town El Paso till with the help of America they defeated the French

• Mike W

We're trading partners, but I don't know of any military alliance with Mexico.

The word "allies" denotes the existence of an enemy common to both parties. I am aware of none.

I can't stand Mexicans myself.. They are very rude people, drive poorly, commit crime, push drugs, act violently. My day was ruined today by Mexican driver trying to run me off the road (I was going the speed limit) and a Mexican trying to start a fight with me at Costco because I walked in front of him. He flung his arm out at me as if I was a dog. I told him fling your arm again at me outside and see what happens. Another driver cut me off - I looked in and yep was a Mexican.. This was Friday for me.