How much are AR15's?

Considering getting one, how much should I expect to pay?

Favorite Answer

$800-$1,200 for a good one. To answer your question they go up to $4,000.

Look for Colt ( model 6920), Bushmaster, Sig, Spike Tactical, Core.

Most people get a carbine length which has a 16 in barrel and 7 in handguard ( if you wanna know what size rail to install if you want to)

Unless you plan to shoot competition you wont need a longer barrel.

Look for these features.

5.56 chrome lines barrel- most AR's have that now, it can use 5.56 NATO and .223 rounds. Not just .223. Chrome barrel are more durable but I doubt you'd shoot enough to wear out a barrel.

Staked gas key - it should have pinch marks on the bolts securing it to the BCG.

1:7 Twist

M4 feed ramps

MPI BCG

Forward assist

Milspec parts

The brands I listed offer that, check their web sites for a full list of features. I'd go for the Colt but all offer good rifles.

Avoid piston drive AR's.

Some may not have front/ rear sight ( some people add scopes, Eotechs ect), go with magpul MBUS if they don't.

That depends because Mossberg can make them $575. Bushmaster is around 900 to 1000. Call is about the same in Smith and Wesson around 800

It depends on what they come with.

I saw an AR on sale for a little over $800. It was a colt i believe. It came with a 10 round magazine and a small reflex sight.

There might be some decent ones for around $700 that you could improve on your own. But I haven't personally seen any for $1000, but I've heard of it being that much.

I'd expect $800-$1000.

I've seen in my area starting around a little under $500 and for a full top of the line cutomized AR-15 your looking around $$,$$$.$$ (Unknown amount) Now for a good brand and all most likely around $750.00 give or take.

About $700 min to $3000 or so. An excellent quality entry level will cost about $900-$1200 depending on options.

$550+

But I wouldn't buy any AR at that price point. The minimum I would go would be $850-950 for an S&W M&P 15.

I'm in the process of building my own, and it is way better than anything that you can buy from a shop at that price point.

It is:

Mega Arms stripped lower with a parts kit from PSA = $190 (complete lower)

DPMS slick-side upper = $80, no need for parts kit

Extended charging handle = $45 (much more expensive than a standard one, but very nice for scopes)

Keis Nickel-Boron bolt carrier = $120 (very nice, full profile, nice features, nicely staked gas key, not expensive, looks nice) + BCG completion bits +$40 (pins, firing pin, clamps, gas rings)

Midwest Industries SS Float tube = $150 (OD green, splurged on this over other tubes because it was light, modular, and looked nice)

20", stainless, threaded Lothar-Walther match barrel in 6.5 Grendel+low profile gas block+Grendel bolt = $455 (this is what makes this rifle a peach. I have about 2 weeks left on the order, but am fighting myself over canceling it and buying a Shilen match barrel in stock at Midway)

Midway-brand helical muzzle brake = $60

All told and assembled, $910 in parts. I spent about $230 in upgrades that I didn't absolutely have to (meaning the rifle could have been $680 before optics/accessories).

Plus $100 in tools (bench vice, action block, wrench) so that I could install the barrel myself, and $515 in other accessories (Magpul AFG2 = 50, bipod option = 30, scope+mount = 380, bubble level = 30, canted irons = 25). And another $215 in Grendel ammo/reloading supplies (Dies, powder, bullets, brass, ammo from Hornady, enough to make 50 rounds at a time, for 100 rounds, plus 40 rounds from Hornady and a cost/round of 40 cent afterwards).

That is what I have spent on it so far... since Christmas...

Anyways. In comparison, an upper from AlexanderArms (the go-to source for Grendel uppers) would have cost $820 plus the $190 for the lower, for a grand total of $1010, and that would have had a crappy E.R. Shaw barrel ( a Shilen or Satern barrel is a $350 upgrade on top of that). An equivalent barrel upgrade would have made my $910 rifle a $1360 rifle instead.

• ?

(sigh)...ya know...you TRY and keep a civil tongue in your head...BUT. You TRY and just "move on" without bothering to answer...BUT. How many mindless and repetitive questions do we have to endure here ? Can't you people USE a search bar ? Can't you use a phone book to CALL a gun store ? Really...how lazy / helpless/ ignorant are you ? "How Much Is An AR " ?????

Source(s): Perhaps you should consider doing your own research instead of being so incompetent, ok ? ( and...as someone mentioned...if you even HAVE to ask....)

Anywhere between 800 and 2000 dollars. Depending on accessories and how stupid you want to get with them and how picky you are on name brands, etc.

That's like asking how much is a car. Maybe you could actually get out from behind your computer and go to a gun store and price them instead of expecting somebody else to do it for you.