Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 6 years ago

What hair color is best for pale skin?

My skin is very fair most of the year, not quite porcelain, a little darker than that. I have dark eyes, they're hazel so they switch between green and brown. I've dyed my hair a few colors in the past years, I'm in my early 20's. Now my hair is it's natural color, auburn. But I've considered dying it again. I just wondered what skin tons might go best with that complexion. I was thinking caramel brown with blonde highlights, a chocolate covered cherry color, or very light strawberry.

Best Answer

The hair color she was born with. She's already beautiful, one of a kind with pale skin, 'dark eyes, they're hazel so they switch between green and brown'.

Some people have actually died from dyeing their hair.

Style meets chemistry meets biology: We're talking hair coloring.

Playing with chemicals is not like playing with clothes, or doing a manicure, there are penalties for playing chemicals in the lab. Even hair color experts at the salon are not rocket scientists, they do a bang up dye jobs to their clients or their own hair.

Chemicals can enter the body through the skin.

> > > Hair dye chemicals linked to cancer

London, Feb 20, 2013 I've been saying that since 2009.

Hair dyes, which include home hair colouring kits and those used at pricey salons, are linked to deadly cancer-causing chemicals, warn scientists. In 2009 the Mail revealed that women who used hair dyes more than nine times a year had a 60% greater risk of contracting blood cancer.

A year later the European Commission banned 36 hair dyes which put long-term users at risk of bladder cancer. < < < <

Google: Teen 'feared she would die' after reaction to hair dye

The allergic reaction was caused by a well-known brand of semi-permanent hair dye Chloe used to turn her hair black for a Hallowe’en party. . . . . called for beauty bosses to ban hair dye chemical PPD (para-phenylenediamine) from the shelves. 11-04-11

The chemical is not new and is present in a number of brands of dark hair colours, acting to help adhere the dye to the hair so that it doesn't wash out. It’s made from coal tar and is used in both permanent and semi-permanent hair colours. It’s well-known to be a cause of serious allergic reactions -- including something called contact dermatitis which can lead to rashes, blisters, and open sores.

PPD is sometimes added to black henna tattoos and that using them is not safe. Allergic reactions usually begin within two to 10 days following application. One bad reaction can lead to sensitivities to other products such as hair dye, sunblock and some types of clothing dyes. Oftentimes, it's using the product a second or third time. Skin specialist Najjia Ashraf reveals that there are barely any dyes that don’t contain this toxin; even the ones who claim they don’t, are not being honest. “Big brands often escape the blame by suggesting they are ammonia-free. However, ammonia and PPD are two very different things and PPD is present in nearly every dye because it is what gives off the colour,” she explains.

Google: A 38-year old mother left in a coma after using hair dye. SHE DYED HER HAIR MANY TIMES BEFORE, USING THE SAME BRAND. The British woman who went into coma after a reaction to hair dye has died after a year. Updated 11-25-12. The woman suffered a heart failure, struggled for breath and became unconsciousness. Her family blamed paraphenylenediamine, a chemical found in hair colour. Her family has now called for paraphenylenediamine to be banned from home dye kits. In 2000, a 38-year-old Indian-origin woman from Birmingham, Narinder Devi, died after an allergic reaction to hair dye.

Permanent black hair dye is linked to causing leukemia and lymphomas.

Google search: Salon hair dye horror stories. About 305,000 results (0.20 seconds) OR Google Salon Hair Dye Lawsuits. About 336,000 results (0.17 seconds) Dec. 2011

When it comes to hair care treatments, product use or visits to a salon or spa, the consumer must take responsibility to do their homework and be aware of all the risks involved.

Vanessa Minnillo Lachey: "I dated a guy once who wanted me to have blonde hair. Clearly, he was the wrong guy for me! I went to a lady who bleached my hair and it literally fell out. So, not only did I go back to my natural hair, I broke up with the guy!"

Another example posted on YA! 8-20-12. Is it just me or does xxl live max blonde make your scalp feel like it on fire? I've recently used a max blonde on my hair and I had to wash it wash off straight away because my scalp felt like it was on fire has this happend to anyone else?

Google: January Jones: "My Hair Is Falling Out In Clumps" 1-28-13 To quote Joni Mitchell, "you don't know what you got till your thick hair is gone."

Source(s): Google FDA.gov & search for Hair Dye & Relaxers. Google: Hair Dye FAQ's Are Hair Dyes Safe? I stand up for cancer. No allergies here, OR hair falls when I was dyeing my hair, but I had frequent migraines, the 1st one lasted 14 hours. My mom & sister also have breasts cancer, and I'm trying to be chemical-free as much as I can and watch what I put in my body. Mom started perming our hair in the 60's. Mom had bloody noses for 75 years, and doctors didn't know why, but she was diagnosed by age 89.

Auburn Hair Pale Skin

If youve naturally got red undertones to your hair than any red tones will suit your complexion. So a strawberry blonde or a red-brown would probably work well and look natural with your skin. As long as you dont go too harsh with any colour, you will most likely suit anything :)

Light brown

Strawberry blonde. I too have pale skin, hazel eyes and naturally auburn hair. I bleach my hair strawberry blonde . It really brightens me up. I have had a lot of compliments on my hair color.

Caramel brown with blonde highlights would look good

Chestnut brown with blond highlights

definitey a light brown. so im going to go with the caramel brown with blonde highlights

Have you considered a lighter brown with subtle highlights? Or even you could totally go red. If I'm reading your skin tone right, you sound like you would totally rock this:

https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/hostedimages/1...

Source(s): Me, brown skin red hair
  • Ivy

I like vibrant hair colours on people with pale skin.

I'm super pale myself, so pale that most foundations appear orangey on me even when i wear the lightest shade available.

My natural hair is a mousy brown kind of colour.

I've been blonde, light brown, dark brown, even a strawberry blondey ginger kinda colour.

Then i started trying out vibrant reds, purples and even jet black.

I personally thought they looked great with my pale skin.

My personal favourite is jet black, however jet black hair and pale skin can make you look a bit gothy, but i dont mind this as im quite alternatively dressed anyway.

A chocolatey cherry colour would look super nice i think, i used to have burgundy coloured hair, and i'd happily go back to it if i got bored of being black haired.

Hope this helps :)

I think wine red look gorgeous pale ppl. It looks mysterious and romantic to me but i think random colors look great to like blues and purples. (Im on instagram to much :))