how do I know the hereafter exists?

I dig into the matter and it scientifically it says that God or Allah exists but the thing is that ...does hereafter exist? Should I hope for a better life? What are the proofs about it?

Favorite Answer

There is peer-reviewed scientific research on Near Death Experiences (NDEs) from the Lancet (one of the world's oldest and best known peer-reviewed medical journals), the Journal of the American Medical Association, and other studies that provides evidence for the existence of a transcendent soul.

During NDEs:

+ Patients report seeing data that should not have been accessible to them in their brain-dead states, and which is subsequently verifiable. (1)

80% of patients blind since birth can see during their near-death experience (later they clearly describe verifiable things that they have never seen. (2)

Patients encounter with transcendent beings (loving white light, Jesus, deceased relatives, etc.). (1) (3) (4) (5)

After NDEs, there is a measurable absence of death anxiety in both children and adults. (6) (7) (8)

References:

van Lommel, MD, Pim; van Wees, Ruud; Meyers, Vincent; and Elfferich, Ingrid. 2001. “Near-Death Experience in Survivors of Cardiac Arrest: A Prospective Study in the Netherlands.” The Lancet. Vol. 358, Issue 9298, pp. 2039-2045 www.thelancet.com

Ring, Kenneth; Cooper, Sharon; and Tart, Charles. 1999. Mindsight: Near-Death and Out-of-Body Experiences in the Blind.

Moody, Raymond A. 1975. Life After Life. (New York: Harper Collins).

Moody, Raymond A. 1988. The Light Beyond. (New York: Bantam Books).

Moody, Raymond A. 1993. Reunions: Visionary Encounters with Departed Loved Ones. (New York: Random House.)

Morse, MD, Melvin. 1990. Closer to the Light: Learning from the Near-Death Experiences of Children. (New York: Random House) 1992. Transformed by the Light. (New York: Ballantine Books).

Morse, M.; Castillo, P.; Venecia, D.; et al. 1986. “ Childhood Near-Death Experiences.” American Journal of Diseases of Children, 140, pp. 1110-1113.

Morse, M.; Connor, D.; and Tyler, D. 1985. “Near-Death Experiences in a Pediatric Population.” American Journal of Diseases of Children, 139, pp. 595-600.

See also:

MagisWiki http://magisgodwiki.org/index.php?title=The_Human_...

With love in Christ.

After serious consideration, I've decided that there's almost certainly no “hereafter”. I'll explain my reasoning:

First, we have to consider what would survive death, if anything. The standard answer is the soul. But what is that? I've always identified it with the mind. Now, someone may disagree with that; but, if the soul is not the mind, then what is it? I can't imagine. And why should I care what happens to it? If anything survives death, I want it to be my mind—that's what I consider *me*. So, let's go with that.

The problem is that, in the here and now, minds are always associated with brains, and changes in the brain cause changes in the mind. I don't see how this can be reconciled with the mind surviving death.

For instance, consider someone with severe dementia. Since they're still alive, their mind has not gone to the hereafter. But where is it? We often say of such a person that “they're not all there”. Is part of their mind here in their body, and the rest somewhere else? Surely not. And what about someone with some sort of brain injury, who's lost some of their mental functions—effectively, part of their mind. When they die, is their mind still “damaged”? Surely not, but then, are they really the same person?

What about someone who is insane? Would they remain insane in the hereafter? If not, wouldn't they be a different person? I've suffered from depression most of my life. Will I be depressed after I die? Surely not if I'm in heaven, right? But if I'm not depressed, I won't really be myself anymore.

Have you ever heard of split-brain patients? These are people who've had surgery to sever their corpus callosum (which connects the two hemispheres of the brain together). The hemispheres can no longer directly communicate with each other, and they effectively become two people living in one body, each with one half of a cerebrum. Where there was one person, and one mind, there are now two. Has a soul thus been surgically created?

In all these cases, we find that the state of the mind depends entirely on the state of the brain. The obvious implication is that, when the brain dies, the mind ceases to exist.

Questor: There's nothing to "get". Your argument is nonsense, and you'e a fool.

Of course it exists. Allah has given you the signs you need. Don't listen to some of these people they think they are smart and by thinking that they think they have all the answers but at the end of the day when it's too late after death the truth will be revealed to them in such ways they cannot deny it anymore nor even have the opportunity to go change the past. The signs are clear so in turn paradise exists. Allah promised paradise to the believers. If you believe one part how can the other not be true? Living in a western society being a Muslim is extremely hard but it will all pay off.. There are many signs Allah has given us proving he exists and all exists we don't need anything more we believe. Allah says some people will just not believe whatever you tell them... This life is a test right, if it's a test it only makes sense for you to pass and fail-heaven and he'll. How would it make sense to live life as a test but then no rewards or punishment to those who pass and fail

The fact that there is no proof that God exists is by design. This is a somewhat abstract, intellectual concept so see if you can follow. Many people can't 'get it'. There is this thing that we humans have called Free Will. Adam and Eve learned about it in the Garden of Eden and paid the price for the choice that Eve made. The Lord has told us what is right and what is wrong in The Bible. He told us to believe in Him and worship Him. He allows us a choice though - we can choose to believe in Him and worship Him OR NOT. FAITH is what we call that freely chosen path of belief. Okay - here is where it all adds up - if proof that God existed then there would be no choice involved in having faith or belief in Him - the Free-Will/choice would be removed from the equation. The PROOF that God existed would COMPEL us to know that God existed and there would be no reward for those who freely chose to believe. Get it?

• Papa-G

Many religions teach that the soul live on after death, but the Bible teaches that the soul dies. It teaches that the soul is the living person not something separate from our body.

(Ezekiel 18:4) Look! All the souls—to me they belong. As the soul of the father so also the soul of the son—to me they belong. The soul who sins is the one who will die.

(Genesis 2:7) And Jehovah God went on to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living person.

What happens at death is no mystery to Jehovah, the Creator of the brain. He knows the truth, and in his Word, the Bible, he explains the condition of the dead. Its clear teaching is this: When a person dies, he ceases to exist. Death is the opposite of life. The dead do not see or hear or think. Not even one part of us survives the death of the body. We do not possess an immortal soul or spirit.

After Solomon observed that the living know that they will die, he wrote: “As for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all.” He then enlarged on that basic truth by saying that the dead can neither love nor hate and that “there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in [the grave].” (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, 10) Similarly, Psalm 146:4 says that when a man dies, “his thoughts do perish.” We are mortal and do not survive the death of our body. The life we enjoy is like the flame of a candle. When the flame is put out, it does not go anywhere. It is simply gone.

The Bible teaches that the dead “are conscious of nothing at all.” They are not alive and have no conscious existence anywhere. The account of Lazarus confirms this. Upon returning to life, did Lazarus thrill people with descriptions of heaven? Or did he terrify them with horrible tales about a burning hell? No. The Bible contains no such words from Lazarus. During the four days that he was dead, he had been “conscious of nothing at all.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5) Lazarus had simply been sleeping in death.—John 11:11.

The account of Lazarus also teaches us that the resurrection is a reality, not a mere myth. Jesus raised Lazarus in front of a crowd of eyewitnesses. Even the religious leaders, who hated Jesus, did not deny this miracle. Rather, they said: “What are we to do, because this man [Jesus] performs many signs?” (John 11:47) Many people went to see the resurrected man. As a result, even more of them put faith in Jesus. They saw in Lazarus living proof that Jesus was sent by God. This evidence was so powerful that some of the hardhearted Jewish religious leaders planned to kill both Jesus and Lazarus.—John 11:53; 12:9-11.

Our hope for future...(John 5:28, 29) Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.

Source(s): jw.org
  • carl

If you already believe in God then it is just a matter of looking to see what he has revealed to us. For instance what has God revealed to us in Holy Scripture about the after life? Then it is just a matter of believing what God said.

"Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

- John 11:25-26

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us."

- Romans 8:18

Scientifically? Do you mind linking the scientific journal where the article that "says that God or Allah exists" was published for peer review then?

Read a Bible. If you want, I can point to 14 passages of Scripture that say there is no hereafter.

Watch "The Lazarus Phenomenon" on DVD and FREE over the Internet.. Also "The Search For Heaven" on DVD. These both study "life after death"! Over 15 million people just in the USA have died, been confirmed dead by a doctor and have come back to life! The first one focuses on people that were dead from hours to three days and how that they were shown Heaven & Hell! So You can See what others have seen!

I died in 1976 and came back to life. So I know they are facts!

Source(s): Bible, history

If you think you scientifically found god, the hereafter should be no problem for you ...