Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 6 years ago

How do I let my hair grow longer?

Okay. So, I've dyed and bleached my hair SOOO many times. I don't have a lot of money so I can't just go out and buy a **** load of expensive products lol. I want my hair to be reallly long. But, I have soo many split ends right now.

So, my question is, how do I go about making my hair grow longer faster, and just overall healthier?

I know heat isn't good on hair, I rarely curl/straighten my hair anymore. But, for when I do, is there any alternatives that aren't bad for your hair?

Best Answer

Hair problem like split ends:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Auyjf...

Soft & Silky from damaged hair, everything you need is found in your home:

http://ph.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AtUB5...

It takes 20 years of bad hair days, for women to figure out what to do with their hair, and it takes 20 years of trying to fix it, using various hair products that can do more harm than good. It is part of a billion dollar business.

FYI:

Celebrity wears two-tone hair dye all the time, trying to grow out their dye. They call that the ombre style.

Style meets chemistry meets biology: We're talking hair coloring.

Playing with chemicals is not like playing with clothes, or doing a manicure, there are penalties for playing chemicals in the lab. Even hair color experts at the salon are not rocket scientists, they do a bang up dye jobs to their clients or their own hair.

Chemicals can enter the body through the skin.

> > > Hair dye chemicals linked to cancer

London, Feb 20, 2013 I've been saying that since 2009.

Hair dyes, which include home hair colouring kits and those used at pricey salons, are linked to deadly cancer-causing chemicals, warn scientists. In 2009 the Mail revealed that women who used hair dyes more than nine times a year had a 60% greater risk of contracting blood cancer.

A year later the European Commission banned 36 hair dyes which put long-term users at risk of bladder cancer. < < < <

Google: Teen 'feared she would die' after reaction to hair dye

The allergic reaction was caused by a well-known brand of semi-permanent hair dye Chloe used to turn her hair black for a Hallowe’en party. . . . . called for beauty bosses to ban hair dye chemical PPD (para-phenylenediamine) from the shelves. 11-04-11

The chemical is not new and is present in a number of brands of dark hair colours, acting to help adhere the dye to the hair so that it doesn't wash out. It’s made from coal tar and is used in both permanent and semi-permanent hair colours. It’s well-known to be a cause of serious allergic reactions -- including something called contact dermatitis which can lead to rashes, blisters, and open sores.

PPD is sometimes added to black henna tattoos and that using them is not safe. Allergic reactions usually begin within two to 10 days following application. One bad reaction can lead to sensitivities to other products such as hair dye, sunblock and some types of clothing dyes. Oftentimes, it's using the product a second or third time. Skin specialist Najjia Ashraf reveals that there are barely any dyes that don’t contain this toxin; even the ones who claim they don’t, are not being honest. “Big brands often escape the blame by suggesting they are ammonia-free. However, ammonia and PPD are two very different things and PPD is present in nearly every dye because it is what gives off the colour,” she explains.

Google: A 38-year old mother left in a coma after using hair dye. SHE DYED HER HAIR MANY TIMES BEFORE, USING THE SAME BRAND. The British woman who went into coma after a reaction to hair dye has died after a year. Updated 11-25-12. The woman suffered a heart failure, struggled for breath and became unconsciousness. Her family blamed paraphenylenediamine, a chemical found in hair colour. Her family has now called for paraphenylenediamine to be banned from home dye kits. In 2000, a 38-year-old Indian-origin woman from Birmingham, Narinder Devi, died after an allergic reaction to hair dye.

Permanent black hair dye is linked to causing leukemia and lymphomas.

Sources:

I've got 5 decades of great hair know how, previously permed & dyed in the 80's & 90's. Look @ my hair, they're as beautiful, healthy, strong like when I was in HS

• First try not using bleach all over the head. you can just do the roots. Then you can use chamomile tea to lighten up the rest. It doesn't dry your hair out it actually makes it healthier.

Just get the tea at Walmart.($2) boil 2 cups of water. then add 5 tea bags let it set for an hour. Pour on to clean dry hair. Make sure you have a large bowl to catch falling tea. saturate hair. put a plastic bag or shower cap. let set in hair for an hour. Then take off and sit in sun for an hour. You don't have to sit in sun just make results better. wash out. you will be two shades lighter. Second Trimming 1/4th of an inch of your hair every 6-8 weeks is great for you! Try changing your diet. We are what we eat! Here are some foods great for hair Salmom, Walnuts, sweet potatoes, eggs, blueberries, yogurt. Try stimulating your hair every night. brush your hair gentle massage the scalp. Also try adding oils to the hair. Don't use products that contain harsh chemicals. Look for ingredients that promote hair growth.Aloe. This is known to stop hair loss and help your hair grow healthy.

Castor oil. This helps hair look thicker by providing a natural coating

Avocado oil. This contains vitamins that are absorbed into your skin, promoting healthy hair growth

you can find many way to style your hair with out heat on youtube.com

right now go get a trim just a little one

wash it every other day if your hair gets greasy invest in a dry shampoo

let nature dry your hair not a blow dryer use a blow dryer when your in a hurry

buy your own shears so you can trim your hair just the ends though lol so its healthy on a lonely weekend trim them! lol

and eat veggies or you can juice them lol

i recommend not sleeping with your hair all down b/c you'll end up getting knots in the morning & struggling to comb your hair which can lead to breakage and split ends. so do a side braid or a side bubble pony tail.

comb your ends first then the middle then the top to avoid breakage

use a hair mask like tresseme if you can.. not from fruits i think its a waste i rather just eat it

try to sleep well not just for your hair but overall health

A few things you could do, or all. When you need shampoo again buy something sulfate free or organic, I personally use Laurel Everpure. To make your hair grow buy biotin or lavender oil and take the biotin once to twice a day and every few days massage the oil into your scalp. Invest in coconut oil!!!!!! I cannot stress this ENOUGH!!!! Coconut oil is a life saver for hair! My sister had split ends and dry brittle hair and coconut oil did wonders for her, I've been using it as a hot oil treatment for years. Melt it down and lather it in either dry or damp hair and let it sit anywhere from 30-90 minutes then rinse once or twice with shampoo. Do this a couple times a week and I'm sure you'll see a change.

Treat your hair right, no ripping through tangles or leaving split ends for months. Get regular trims to keep your ends fresh. Eat lots of protein and use avocado hair masks because those are really good for your hair. Maybe get argan oil, the one from the Pro Natural’s brand is awesome to grow your hair strong and healthy. They have shampoo and conditioner too. You can get them online. Take biotin pills or vitamin E or vitamin B12, those help hair grow. But being healthy overall is the most important factor for fast hair growth.

Leave your hairs natural. U do something artificial, it messes up. So dont dye or use different products. Stick to good natural products. I have your answers in 2 links . Copy in your browser and look. It will help

http://sheonly.com/how-to-prevent-split-ends/

http://healthcare5.com/how-to-make-your-hair-grow-...

GET THE VITAMIN CALLED BIOTIN!!!

This is a miracle for haie growth (all over so stock up on razors)

Opt for 2500mcg to 5000mcg

I personally eat a supplement of vitamin B to make my hair more healthy and it really works wonders for me. Vitamin B also helps you to grow stronger nails and have healthy skin.

Stay away from chemicals and heat