What kind of SUV is safe for teenaged drivers?

In your personal opinion of course. I'm 17 and looking for a SUV to get for the spring. I'm 6 foot so cars don't really work in my favor, I'm always feeling squished. So what type of SUV would you recommend to a new teenaged driver?

Favorite Answer

SUV having Medium ground clearance & max turning Radius (more than 5.2 mtr) Would be best for teenagers...

For Example: CR-V, Ecosport, etc..

for more Go to the link...

Have a nice Day

• ?

Best to get rid of the notion as to a "safe vehicle." No such vehicle exists. Only the driver determines safety. Safety is the consequence of knowing the rules and obeying the rules. Just yesterday in my 25 MPH neighborhood, one older dude ran, blatantly, two stop signs and ignored the speed limit. This in spite of driveways spaced part about every 75 ft. That is a death wish. A new driver of any age needs more lessons past getting a license. AAA has many courses for teens and for drivers of all ages and experiences. Many tracks around the USA offer teen driving courses. I go to Mid-Ohio. Look at their website and perhaps you can find something near your home. Teens tend not to be focused when driving, they pay attention to the phone. I suggest you turn that phone OFF when driving and then check it when you are parked at destination. Even when stopped for a traffic light it is dangerous not to pay attention to what is happening outside. Thousands are dead or injured this way. Forget about a "safe car" and focus on a "safe driver" capability. My recommendation stands. At the a vehicle, you know what is available in your are and you know the amount of money available. Make you best choice with adult help. Asking here is not recommended. Brand and models and years of cars are OK when brand new. Once in the hands of others too many things can happen. Each vehicle must be evaluated. My recommendations stand. Get more driving lessons. You shall be amazed as to what you do not know.

Any kind of SUV is about the same as far as safety because they are bigger than sedans. But newer SUV's like less than 10 years old are safer because of more airbags and improved design. My friend who is 6' 9" has a 2012 Chevy Impala and he fits comfortably in it without any trouble!

i drive my moms car which is a nissan rogue it is good. however i'd say any car is safe if you know how to drive plus if you get into a car accident you are NOT always garunteed to end up alive no matter HOW safe the car is.

never gotten into any accidents in her car and it feel comfortable and spacious. tonight just a few minutes ago i ALMOST got into an accident but thats because some idiot was blocking traffic to let his stupid friends cut infront of me from 2 lanes over. so if she hit me she would be at fault i have right of way not her.

• JR

Some cars are roomier than SUVs and much smoother ... Not to mention cheaper. Try both see what sticks.

• Brent

Basically, whatever you can afford. A minimum standard has to be met to have a vehicle sold in the USA.

• Tony

what ever you can find in your price range