I received a yahoo email which I need some clarification?

Questions:

1) Did Yahoo sent me that email? Just want to make it is not a spam.

2) I have already deleted many emails, and were able to send an email to myself. Do I still need to re-validate my mailbox?

3) I tried to get on to the link http://webmail-updating.com,/ it seems to be some bug there, so I am worry this is a spam. Please confirm if I still need to go on that link?

4) This morning, I was unable to receive the email in my cell phone, has this anything to do with the storage issue?

Thanks.

Mary

Thanks for the answer.

Can you please confirm if my email account has a limit on storage? Do I need to delete my emails regularly?

Thanks.

Mary

• Padma
    Favorite Answer

EDITED 03/20/2014:: Hello again! I am very sorry that I couldn't get back to your Question until today. The storage limit on Yahoo Mail is 1TB which is 54 million emails. You do not have to worry about deleting your emails regularly.

Best Regards!

*************************************

Hello,

It is a SCAM email... DO NOT click on of the links as they could contain virus which can harm your computer. Click on the Check-Box provided in-front of the email and click on the down-arrow located next to SPAM tab --> In the appeared options, select "REPORT A PHISHING SCAM". Since you have already tried to click on the link they have provided, I would suggest you to run virus-scan on your computer.

For future reference, here are some pointers to find out whether a message received was from Yahoo or not!

* First & foremost point is to look for the Yahoo emblem... If the email is from Yahoo, the sender will be preceded by the YAHOO EMBLEM -- Alphabet "Y" in Purple background. You can see the emblem right now in your URL bar;

* When you move cursor to that " Y ", you will see a prompt "Verified Message From Yahoo";

* As their account holder, Yahoo knows your name. Hence, they will address you with name;

* Yahoo! NEVER provides any links in emails they send;

* Yahoo NEVER sends threatening emails about your account being closed or exceeded storage, etc.,

* Yahoo email address you will receive from: @cc.yahoo-inc.com and/or @yahoo-email.com

Take Care!

** If you need any clarifications, please click on PENCIL icon located below your Question and select "ADDITIONAL DETAILS to add more info.