Brooke asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 6 years ago

Products for frizzy damaged hair?

I have dyed blonde hair. I'm about to go back brown and stay that way. My hair is damaged and frizzy. What's the absolute best product for this?

Best Answer

Heat & chemicals = hair's worst enemies. Try to have less of those 2.

Celebrity wears two-tone hair dye all the time, trying to grow out their dye. They call that the ombre style.

Style meets chemistry meets biology: We're talking hair coloring.

Playing with chemicals is not like playing with clothes, or doing a manicure, there are penalties for playing chemicals in the lab. Even hair color experts at the salon are not rocket scientists, they do a bang up dye jobs to their clients or their own hair.

Chemicals can enter the body through the skin.

> > > Hair dye chemicals linked to cancer

London, Feb 20, 2013 I've been saying that since 2009.

Hair dyes, which include home hair colouring kits and those used at pricey salons, are linked to deadly cancer-causing chemicals, warn scientists. In 2009 the Mail revealed that women who used hair dyes more than nine times a year had a 60% greater risk of contracting blood cancer.

A year later the European Commission banned 36 hair dyes which put long-term users at risk of bladder cancer. < < < <

Google: Teen 'feared she would die' after reaction to hair dye

The allergic reaction was caused by a well-known brand of semi-permanent hair dye Chloe used to turn her hair black for a Hallowe’en party. . . . . called for beauty bosses to ban hair dye chemical PPD (para-phenylenediamine) from the shelves. 11-04-11

The chemical is not new and is present in a number of brands of dark hair colours, acting to help adhere the dye to the hair so that it doesn't wash out. It’s made from coal tar and is used in both permanent and semi-permanent hair colours. It’s well-known to be a cause of serious allergic reactions -- including something called contact dermatitis which can lead to rashes, blisters, and open sores.

PPD is sometimes added to black henna tattoos and that using them is not safe. Allergic reactions usually begin within two to 10 days following application. One bad reaction can lead to sensitivities to other products such as hair dye, sunblock and some types of clothing dyes. Oftentimes, it's using the product a second or third time. Skin specialist Najjia Ashraf reveals that there are barely any dyes that don’t contain this toxin; even the ones who claim they don’t, are not being honest. “Big brands often escape the blame by suggesting they are ammonia-free. However, ammonia and PPD are two very different things and PPD is present in nearly every dye because it is what gives off the colour,” she explains.

Google: A 38-year old mother left in a coma after using hair dye. SHE DYED HER HAIR MANY TIMES BEFORE, USING THE SAME BRAND. The British woman who went into coma after a reaction to hair dye has died after a year. Updated 11-25-12. The woman suffered a heart failure, struggled for breath and became unconsciousness. Her family blamed paraphenylenediamine, a chemical found in hair colour. Her family has now called for paraphenylenediamine to be banned from home dye kits. In 2000, a 38-year-old Indian-origin woman from Birmingham, Narinder Devi, died after an allergic reaction to hair dye.

Permanent black hair dye is linked to causing leukemia and lymphomas.

Google search: Salon hair dye horror stories. About 305,000 results (0.20 seconds) OR Google Salon Hair Dye Lawsuits. About 336,000 results (0.17 seconds) Dec. 2011

When it comes to hair care treatments, product use or visits to a salon or spa, the consumer must take responsibility to do their homework and be aware of all the risks involved.

Google: January Jones: "My Hair Is Falling Out In Clumps" 1-28-13 To quote Joni Mitchell, "you don't know what you got till your thick hair is gone.

Soft & Silky from damaged frizzy hair:

http://ph.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AtUB5...

It takes 20 years of bad hair days, for women to figure out what to do with their hair, and it takes 20 years of trying to fix it, using various hair products that can do more harm than good. It is part of a billion dollar business.

If you have frizzy hair then use sulfate free shampoo! Seriously I changed over and it makes a big difference. I use the Pro Naturals hair care system because it has everything what I need to have a beuatiful and healthy hair. It comes with the sulfate free shampoo and conditioner, the hair mask an the argan oil that is amazing to smooth down the frizz. I use all of that stuff and it’s awesome since I have the frizziest hair you can imagine.

Joico Moisture Recovery SHampoo and Conditioner, Raw Organic Coconut Oil, and its a 10! miracle leave in. Check out my blog post dedicated to long healthy haircare www.prisgutierrez.wordpress.com

Source(s): licensed cosmetologist

Any product that has argan oil in it, from shampoo, to styling products helps big time!!

Source(s): I&#x27;m a blonde