Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceSpecial Education · 6 years ago

Is it ok to date someone with down syndrome?

I dont mean socially i could give a crao less about if someone doesnt think its cool. I mean is it like healthy? I dont understand down syndrome too too much besides they act a like... Well off. Is it even safe? Like could the emotions that come with a relationship be dangerous because i know some cases they have distrorted sense of right and wrong. And if they broke up? For unseen reasons could that emotionsl toll be deadly

If not dangerous?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Dating anyone has its risks of how far you want the relationship to go. I think you should spend time getting to know someone and how they behave towards you.

For Example: You had to cancel your date because you were not feeling well. Is the person with down syndrome going to understand that you can not see them today. Perhaps they think you are lying and not want to be friends with them. The person could call you 5 times to make sure you are at home. After awhile you find it annoying.

That example of behavior can be obsessive. This will let you know whether they can not handle change in the schedule.

Source(s): If you ever feel like your own life is threatened by someone please call the police because your life would be at risk. Hopefully it won't go that way!
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Dating Down Syndrome

• 6 years ago

It's the same as a normal relationship. Yes, you can date a person with down syndrome. The main reason people don't is because they are too slow. People with down syndrome don't fully understand things, and in turn, tend to be unable of efficient communication. They might not know what to do in a relationship. What is appropriate and what is not. They are, essentially, like children; not the brightest, but honest and innocent(in most cases. Depending on who they hang out with, they can become mean and unhappy people). However, if you genuinely like the person, then I don't see why you can't date them. Just don't take advantage of them, and be patient.

• 6 years ago

I have two children with Down Syndrome and I assure you that they will date and also hopefully get married! They are caring and loving and also able to take care of them selves. If they had a breakup they would be sad just like anyone else. Time heals just the same. Having children if you were to marry is an issue you will have to address. Also since individuals with Down Syndrome take longer to grasp things you will need patience. See our site to see videos of these great heros. They own businesses. Go to college and so much more

Attachment image
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

If you want to learn to option with the most common conditions while attempting to seduce a female then you require that book https://tr.im/i2svz , Tao of Badass.

Tao of Badass is a thorough plan, helpful information for you to become an unstoppable girl magnet.

Tao of Badass covers topics from creating person approach man, conference women in general, assurance, finding a girlfriend, and relationship tips.

With this specific guide you will also learn some little marketers as: the most effective methods to keep conversation planning, the best way to prevent a woman on the road, top 5 methods men eliminate attraction, and ways to get that first kiss.

• 6 years ago

Well, it is not catching, from person to person, but if you wanted children with them, you would need some serious advice (and testing) from a geneticist to determine risk factors and such.

idk about your other questions. Have no experience in that area. Find a support group for info.

• 4 years ago

The man usually makes the first move. Even if she’s interested in you, the most she’s likely to do is to stand near you or make eye contact a couple times to encourage you to approach her. Read here https://tr.im/gdpA4

Once you see her, don’t hesitate. 10 minutes from now she might not be there or another guy might have beaten you to the punch. Plus, women can tell when you’re working up the courage to approach. Shyness might be endearing in movies and romance novels, but it doesn’t work in the real world. Approach right away, even if you don’t know what you’re going to say

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

down syndrome isn't terrible just means they are a little different and yes it is healthy

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.