Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why doesn't Art Garfunkel play an instrument on stage?

I read somewhere that he can play multiple instruments but whenever I watch a concert video he's never playing any instruments and I can't find why anywhere.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I really didn't find a great deal of information on what sorts of instruments Art Garfunkel plays, but I do know that for most of his life--from childhood--his main "instrument" was his voice. This is just a guess on my part, but perhaps he does not play at a professional enough level to do the music he wants. More likely, is that he prefers to concentrate on singing. There are plenty of singers I know who are excellent pianists, but usually have someone else accompany them for performances.

Again, just a guess, but even singers who are highly skilled at playing one or more instrument, usually do not play during live performances even if they might play in recording sessions.

• Big Al
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

You'd have to ask him that. Im guessing he's nowhere near as good as Paul Simon at playing an instrument and singing at the same time so he focuses on just singing. He was a guest on a breakfast tv show last week. I switched the channel when he was saying he used to have the voice of an angel. Talk about blow your own trumpet. I do love Simon and garfunkel though and have been inspired by their music.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.