What type of personality is needed to be an actor?

First let me give you a little background if myself. I began modeling at 4 and auditioning by 6 I nailed a few commercials and by 8 my parents divorced and I stopped the auditions. Throughout my short lived career I was always very shy instead of the "bubbly" funny kid that everyone loves. I hate this... show more First let me give you a little background if myself. I began modeling at 4 and auditioning by 6 I nailed a few commercials and by 8 my parents divorced and I stopped the auditions. Throughout my short lived career I was always very shy instead of the "bubbly" funny kid that everyone loves. I hate this most about myself and to this day as a 14 year old im still very reserved . I'm a freshman and taking a theatre class in school and this has sparked my love for acting again. I was wondering if there's anyway to kind of jumpstart on my career again and if I have a chance. To practice I repeat monologues everyday in the mirror so I am very serious about this. Just not sure how far I will go especially with the shy sensitive personality I have. I look up to actors like Leonardo Dicaprio who's been acting his whole life and I wonder if I can ever have a glimpse of stardom.
4 answers 4