I received an email alleged to be you guys advising me to upgrade my email now or I will loose my email accoun?

I received an email alleged to be you guys advising me to upgrade my email now or I will loose my email account permeanantly. However I did not click the link they have attached to this email in fear that this may be a flawd email coming from someone else. Instead, I logged on to yahoo through my Internet and... show more I received an email alleged to be you guys advising me to upgrade my email now or I will loose my email account permeanantly. However I did not click the link they have attached to this email in fear that this may be a flawd email coming from someone else. Instead, I logged on to yahoo through my Internet and nowhere does it says I need to upgrade my yahoo email or stand to lose everything. I need immediate guidance here.