Girlfriends parents expect her and her sister to care for her brothers children?

I wasn't sure where else to go to ask this. But my girlfriends parents expect her to care for her brothers 1 year old child and 4 year old "step" child. Him and his girlfriend both work and they have nobody to babysit the kids. About 8 months ago when their mom went back to work this all started... show more I wasn't sure where else to go to ask this. But my girlfriends parents expect her to care for her brothers 1 year old child and 4 year old "step" child. Him and his girlfriend both work and they have nobody to babysit the kids. About 8 months ago when their mom went back to work this all started happening. I'm not talking about just babysitting every once and a while, I'm talking every day for 12 hours and on the weekends when the kids parents decide to take off. My girlfriend of 5 years by the way, has had enough and finally on Sunday decided to move out with me. There is quite a bit more to the story, however is that even normal? To me her brother screwed up, literally, by knocking up some chick that was already married and already had a child, and I don't think its fair that my girlfriend and her sister have to pay for their mistakes. They screwed up and should deal with their concequences but they aren't. Am I wrong here? And they are both having to constantly call off work.
1 answer 1