Does it matter what university I go into?

After I am done with community college I will transfer to a university, does it matter what kind?

Do I have to get into a top university to get a job or can it be a university in my town.

I want to go to texas state university, I just don't know if it's good enough If I ever get that dream job of mine.

• stv
    Best Answer

It depends on what you want to do after you graduate. Honestly, as long as you make a good GPA, get involved in your university and your community, and network during your time in college, then it shouldn't matter too much. The thing about going to a "top university" is that they will offer you more resources to do these things and may offer you opportunities that would not be present in schools like Texas State. For example, Aggies get access to the "Aggie Network" which enables A&M alumni (there are a lot of them) to closely recruit you. Baylor University has a close and personal relationship with the Scott and White Hospital in Waco for medical/health fields. If you feel like you can take on the world on your own, go to Texas State, but if you feel like you might need some help then go to one of the many other more respectable universities in the state of Texas. (UT, Rice, A&M, Baylor, TCU, among others)

It can be whatever you want.