Anonymous

I'm giving up?

I'm 18. Never had a girlfriend...never been on a date...never kissed a girl...never even held hands with a girl. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I don't understand why no girls like me. I don't want to be alone. I don't want to be alone for the rest of my life. No girl has ever told me they like me. NEVER.

I only have 1 real friend. My father is dead, mother lost hope in me. I am alone.

I think I'm going to grab a gun and blast my brains out. The only one that will miss me will be my dog.

Edit: @Michael, looks like we both are cursed. I don't understand what we did wrong to deserve to live in this reality. This life is hell

Oh.

Favorite Answer

Society teaches / brain washes men into judging their self value and esteem on their levels of female attention or how much attention they get from the opposite gender. You have fallen into the common trap of viewing your self worth through an external means.

Everything you say is all about girls. Have you ever asked yourself why you place so much emphasis on girls, what they think of you and whether you have had a girlfriend or not.

A man is not defined by females, he is defined by his internal values, what he accomplishes in life, what he sets out to do, what path he walks and how he treats others. You are placing too much emphasis on something without knowing why.

Note that people are still lonely even when they have a gf, are engaged, married or with a partner 24/7. That should tell you something.

My advice to you, find out who you are, who you want to be, what you will do when you are 30, how you want to live your life.

Spend time learning about yourself and anything that interests you but most of all, be mindful of falling for the common programming that almost every single adolescent male does, seeing whether they have a girlfriend or not as their entire identity.

My last bit of advice to you, ask yourself whether you know the true nature of that which you desire.

• Este

Girls are like lottery tickets. If you never buy any tickets, you will never win any prizes. If you never talk to girls, you won't get a girl.

You got to get out there and start talking. Get a job if you don't have one. You might meet girls there. Join some art classes or courses. It's easier to get to know girls if both of you already have something in common. You can always talk about that common interests, it gets easier. Oh by the way, girls always look for men who can cook well.

Join something you like. If you still can't meet girls that way, you might have to start taking classes you don't like. But that's a small sacrifice if you can meet the love of your life, don't you agree?

You can always use online dating. It's not as bad as people says. Some of my friends used it and it's been successful so far. No one got married though...but at least they're not alone.

Source(s): 2 friends of mine never touched a girl till they were 30. 1 has asperger's syndrome and 1 is heavily religious but they could still get nice girlfriends. They're normal, non-religious, nice girls. My friends met girls online and at work. What I'm trying to say is that you're not hopeless.

giving up is not an option! you have only just begun at 18. I was quite shy all through school and never really dated til I was 19. my parent died when I was 7 too. I feel your pain:( it will absolutely get better. i thought i'd be alone forever but i'm married now and have a family. life can change so quickly. forget about dating, focus on yourself, your future career, job, fitness, hobby. you will surely meet new friends along the way. some girl will fall madly in love with you one day when you least expect it. so in the meantime, relax, don't be so hard on yourself, and do some fun stull outside your comfort zone. you need to build your confidence from within. women like confidence, security, passion, drive. don't give up.. go watch movie Rudy or Shawshank Redemption right now.."andy dufresne crawled through a river of shi %vand came out clean as a whistle on the other side"

wow man, I'm in the same boat. same age and everything. however, and I can't stress this enough, suicide is never the answer. never was, never will be. I believe that it's completely normal to be where i am today. in this hyper sexualized society we are brought up to believe that engaging in sexual activity from 15 and up is normal, but it's not. sure there are kids that do actually do that but i'm pretty sure it screws with their head. now, simply having a girlfriend is a different matter, but this is nothing to be ashamed of. if you want a girlfriend I would suggest that whenever you get the chance, talk to them. don't be nervous, they're just people, find common ground and build social relationships. the only reason that I haven't implemented this is simply because i am extremely shy. I can make small talk in passing but I can't initiate conversation. please don't commit suicide, even if you believe that you're alone in the world, there is always at least one person who will grieve at your passing. suicide is the ultimate act of selfishness, please don'teven consider it.

Source(s): my life as an 18 year old awkward guy.

You can blow your brains out. But after that, you won't find any better of an answer than what you read here. Simply having a mate does not complete your life. And it won't bring happiness. That begins with you alone. From within you. You cannot force anyone to like you. Nobody can do that. One can only be a likable person, and then others are attracted to that. They choose to like you, or not. Nothing you can do about what others think of you, you can only be the best version of yourself you can be. And there is no "wrong" age to have romantic love.

Please do not do anything drastic!

There is nothing wrong with you! There are so many people out there exactly like you, they just don't shout it about.

It is true that many people appear to have had tones of relationships by the time they are 18 but trust me this is no loss for you, these people are no better off! I admire you so much and do not lose hope, because there really is someone for everyone and some day you will find this person. Good things some to those who wait, and searching can prolong the process. When you least expect it you may find someone.

If you are really upset about this then you can always try online dating?

To me you sound like a lovely guy, and I feel that when you do get a girlfriend you will treat her so well that she will be so grateful to have such a nice guy in her life. At least you are not a player who he slept with too many to count, this is not admirable it is disgusting.

Good luck!

Become involved in life.

Take risks...go out of your comfort zone. Volunteer. Try something you always wanted to try.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Most people tend to blossom more out of high school.

It seems you can more freely be what you want to be...less "clicks".

Get a job.

Work out...good for looks and positive attitude.

Change location. Often people you grow up with see you a particular way & hamper your growth by expecting the same thing you've always done......

Try a different look.

We never move forward by being in the same situation/place...emotionally or physically.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I'm giving up?

I'm 18. Never had a girlfriend...never been on a date...never kissed a girl...never even held hands with a girl. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I don't understand why no girls like me. I don't want to be alone. I don't want to be alone for the rest of my life. No girl has...

Source(s): 39 giving up: https://shortly.im/dRLCa

I have been in the exact same position, and I am up in my mid-to-late twenties and still single and never had a girlfriend.

I think what matters is the area, I suggest you try relocating to a different area, because I've once thought like you did.

I live in an area where I was grown up to believe that if you weren't black, you should just craw in a hole somewhere. All the white girl and other nationalities only dated black men and only showed compassion for them homies.

I am white, and am not accepted in that area, so I moved to a different area and it was actually different. I actually seen girls start to 'flirt' with me now.

• John Doe6 years agoReport

You and the OP need to visit this forum http://www.goingyourownway.com/

• Yvonne

Yahoo doesn't give stars,users do. You only get 3 points for choosing a BA.