Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 7 years ago

bruce springsteen vs billy joel?

who is better as a singer, player of instrument playing, songwriting long details please

• Favorite Answer

Both rockers are getting older, but I can tell you that Billy Joel is a little bit like Elton John. Billy Joel's "Piano Man" is probably one of the best instrumentals.

I also like some of Billy's mainstay vintage hits...

1. It's Still Rock And Roll To Me

2. Pressure

3. Just The Way You Are

"Just The Way You Are" was probably one of the best soft-rock ballads, and I grew up with that song in the 1970s. In the 1980s, "Pressure" brought Billy right into the throes of expressionistic rock (the song focuses on the distresses faced by humans), and "Still Rock And Roll To Me" is probably an homage to 1950s and 1960s rock-and-roll.

Now Bruce Springsteen is, in my guessing, much more "patriotic" as a rocker and pop artist than Billy Joel did. And a bit less versatile than Billy.

"Glory Days" and "Born in the U.S.A." are currently some of the Springsteen hits that had been used on soundtracks by firework display makers during the 4th of July firework shows.

So if I had to choose Springsteen or Joel, I choose Joel because I play piano like Billy.

I believe Billy Joel had more depth and was more unique. Springsteen had many similar artists around him from John Cougar to Bryan Adams to Bob Seger to Tom Cochrane.

• wgaff

Springsteen

billy joel

The Boss, gets my vote.

can't choose-both are great!