How long can you wear a waist slimming belt for?

I just got one of those neoprene waist slimming belts. **I realize it's not for actual fat loss and that it will just make me lose water weight** I'm following a good diet and exercise plan for fat loss, and I just wanted this product to help me lose some water weight and slim down my tummy a little. I... show more I just got one of those neoprene waist slimming belts. **I realize it's not for actual fat loss and that it will just make me lose water weight** I'm following a good diet and exercise plan for fat loss, and I just wanted this product to help me lose some water weight and slim down my tummy a little.

I also read online that you can put on lotion, wrap it in plastic wrap, and then wear the belt for an at-home body wrap kind of thing to lose a couple inches (even if they're just lost temporarily).

Anyway, my question is: Is there a limit to how long you can wear the belt for? I'm going on a long car trip next week (about 12 hours of driving). Can I wear the belt the whole time?
1 answer 1