Matt asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 6 years ago

X-Men Movies?

I saw a trailer for X-Men Days of Future Past last night and it looks AWESOME! The only thing is I haven't seen any other X-Men movies, so what other X-Men movies would I need to see so I am able to understand the new one? Thanks!

• Jacob
    Favorite Answer

As others have said, there have been 6 other X-Men movies, but the only ones you'll need to watch to understand Days of Future Past are X-Men (possibly X-Men: The Last Stand) and X-Men: First Class.

If you enjoy the First X-Men film enough I highly recommend you watch all of the others (except X-Men Origins: Wolverine which is terrible, and is a prequel so you don't miss anything from the story by not watching it).

The Wolverine is also an unnecessary prequel, but it's not too bad so if you want to watch it go ahead, it just won't add to your understanding of the plot.

However many you watch, watch them in the order they were released, except for First Class, you should watch that last because Days of Future Past is a direct sequel to First Class.

So you should watch them in this order:

X-Men

X2: X-Men United

X-Men: The Last Stand

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (if you really want to watch it)

The Wolverine

X-Men: First Class

Source(s): I've seen all of the other films

1 X-Men (2000)

2 X2: X-Men United (2003)

3 X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)

4 X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)

5 X-Men: First Class (2011)

6 The Wolverine (2013)

7 X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

I saw x-men days of future past only watching x-men first class but I understood it ok . Although I would recommend watching the all the episodes .

X-men

X2: x-men United

X-men: the last stand

X-men origins wolverine

X-men first class

The wolverine

Upcoming:

X-men days of future past (2014)

X-men apocalypse (2016)

Deadpool, x-force, and a couple of others are being rumored. Also, I'll add that fox studios plan to create a shared universe like marvel studios had created. Next year's fantastic four reboot will "share" the same universe as the x-men.

X-Men: Days of Future Past Online