Does smoking weed cause vertigo?

6 days ago, I smoked weed for the first time with my boyfriend (we're both 21) and another couple who are mutual friends of ours. I only took a couple of hits and I had a great first experience, no problems at all. Today, 6 days later, when I was sitting down, the room started to feel like it shifted suddenly... show more 6 days ago, I smoked weed for the first time with my boyfriend (we're both 21) and another couple who are mutual friends of ours. I only took a couple of hits and I had a great first experience, no problems at all. Today, 6 days later, when I was sitting down, the room started to feel like it shifted suddenly and abruptly to one side, and for a couple seconds the room felt like it was spinning a little bit, and then it stopped. I'm not prone to vertigo at all, so I started worrying that the weed may have caused it, even though I did it 6 days ago. What could have been the cause? I need to know if I can rule weed out as a cause, because I really enjoyed my first time getting high and it's something I want to do again. And no, I didn't drink any alcohol the entire time I was with them. Also, I know the stuff wasn't laced, because the woman of the couple works at a dispensary and she got all of her weed from there. Serious answers only please!! Not anything like "stop smoking weed, it'll kill you/kill your brain cells/etc." because I've done my research and I know that's not true. I'm aware that it's not 100% harmless, but it's safer than alcohol.
1 answer 1