Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 7 years ago

Was it rape if I was blackout drunk?

Last night I was hanging out with a friend that I knew was attracted to me. He brought a bottle of wild turkey and I ended up getting insanely drunk to the point where I don't remember anything. He didn't get very drunk and remembers everything and said we had sex. I would never have sex with him willingly if I knew what I was doing, so my question is, was it technically rape?

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Was it rape if I was blackout drunk?

Last night I was hanging out with a friend that I knew was attracted to me. He brought a bottle of wild turkey and I ended up getting insanely drunk to the point where I don't remember anything. He didn't get very drunk and remembers everything and said we had sex. I would never have sex...

Source(s): rape blackout drunk: https://shortly.im/ayN0k
  • Erika

Blackout Drunk Sex

(4) first rendering that other person unconscious

In the US...

I would define it as rape...but if you move forward with charges you will destroy his reputation. You will need to have a rape kit done right away to insure you have solid evidence moving forward as well...Don't wash the clothes you were wearing.

How is your mental status? Are you completely destroyed after this? I had a friend who lost the ability to feel normal after being raped. She failed out of school and stopped hanging out with anyone. If this is how you feel I think the best thing for you would be to confront it and do whatever you need to, to feel better. If that means throwing the guy in jail, who cares.

If you are just upset that he took advantage of you etc....then I would at least make him go and get tested. If he gave you an STD I would move heaven and earth for vengeance...but that's just me. If you aren't pregnant and you didn't contract anything...and your mental status is fine I would tell him he raped you and you don't want to speak with him again.

If nothing else make sure you make it sink into his head. Tell him he raped you(or a close friend)

• MM

More than technically, depending on the laws in your state. If you want to pursue charges, then get yourself checked out while there's still a chance to collect evidence. Even if you don't, though, be very clear with your "friend" that taking advantage of someone who's clearly not in their right mind is a horrible thing to do, and not only will the two of you not be hanging out any more, if he ever even thinks of trying this with anyone else, you will see to it that everyone learns what a complete and utter creep he is.

Yes. Rape is having sex with somebody who has not given consent.

A person cannot legally give their consent when under the influence of alcohol.

I doubt someone would just walk to your door, open it, find you lying in your room unconscious, then say to themselves, "Hm, I think I'll **** that." But then again, anything's possible. But judging by your lack of pain (anal sex is incredibly painful at first, especially if it's forced) and the information you've given, I highly doubt it. But if you're seriously concerned about it, I'd go get checked or something.

Yes - there are several legitimate legal arguments here.

The primary justification for your call of rape is

" I would never have sex with him willingly if I knew what I was doing,"

Tell someone your close to and confrunt him! It's not right if you blacked out. Yes I would class it as rape even if you wasn't aware. So sorry this happend stay safe in the future

Absolutely.

Yes. once you become so incoherent when drinking that you black out, then you can';t give permisison to have sex, so it's really rape.