Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 7 years ago

Devin Hester confirmed today that he will not return to the Chicago Bears. Thoughts? Opinions?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

somewhat sad

but he is getting older and a bit slower

time to move on with some one younger and faster

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

It's not much of a loss, really. Hester was a one-trick pony in that the only thing he was truly good at was returning punts and kicks. He was a lousy receiver and a mediocre defensive back so the Bears were basically wasting a roster spot on a return man. And he wasn't really good at that over the last two seasons, returning just one punt for a touchdown.

Everyone knows he only came back last season for the money; he's still angry over his boy Lovie's firing. Maybe he'll wind up in Tampa Bay but he's really too old to be of much use to anyone now.

• ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

He had a pretty good year last year, and has had a magical career. The bottom line is he's in his 30s and its hard to pay someone just as a return man when few kickoffs occur anymore and he isn't a backup WR, roster spots are valueable. Plus I dont think it helped when he talked about retiring last year.

• 7 years ago

I think he should retire. Since people have figure out ways to prevent him from returning kicks for touchdowns and is not a good position player, he is pretty much a waste of a roster spot.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

It's bittersweet, he'd been a longtime favorite player of mine (one of my favorites, never my favorite) but at the same time they were paying him well over what he was worth. I'm still a little baffled that he just couldn't grasp playing receiver, they should have let him play like nickel corner or something

• 7 years ago

I am happy. Even as a hawks fan I know he was not worth anything. His best days are behind him. He was a 100 speed rating on madden 09....

Source(s): captain morgan
  • ?
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

The Bears should have traded him 3 years ago.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

He's outlived his usefullness, might've lasted as a KR a little longer had they not resorted to using him as a WR.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.