Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I NEED HELP WITH MY GOVERNMENT HOMEWORK PLEASE! (MULTIPLE CHOICE) PART 2.?

question 15

Which of the following quotes best reflects the principle of popular sovereignty in the Declaration of Independence?

"For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury."

"He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected."

"He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures."

"All men …are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

question 16

The grievances listed in the Declaration of Independence were

presented as evidence for the king's breaking of the social contract

supportive of colonial rule as long as a new king was on the throne

items that would became laws in the new independent government

complaints against the colonial governors for violating natural rights

question 17

The Declaration of Independence reflected the idea of natural rights because it

was a collective act of representatives from all the colonies

listed specific grievances and complaints against colonial rule

named life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness as granted to all

said a new government must form due to the king's actions

question 18

The first U.S. Supreme Court case to address the issue of whether

the national government had the power to run a national bank was District of Columbia v. Heller

state governments had the right to operate businesses in other states was McCulloch v. Maryland

individuals had the right to possess firearms for lawful purposes was District of Columbia v. Heller

people could have the same rights and privileges in each of the 50 states was McCulloch v. Maryland

question 19

Imagine the state of California passes a law to tax all banking activities within the state. Which of the following could happen?

The national bank of the United States, or the Federal Reserve, could challenge the California law based on the McCulloch v. Maryland decision.

The national bank of the United States, or the Federal Reserve, could take the taxes California collects based on the McCulloch v. Maryland decision.

Private banks operating only in the state of California could challenge the state's tax law on banking based on the Gibbons v. Ogden decision.

Private banks operating only in the state of California could take a portion of the taxes collected based on the Gibbons v. Ogden decision.

question 20

The right of the federal government to create and operate a national bank was affirmed in

McCulloch v. Maryland, a case that began when the state government placed a tax on a national bank

McCulloch v. Maryland, a case that began when a state bank began to operate branches in other states

District of Columbia v. Heller, a case that began when a local bank tried to open branches in other states

District of Columbia v. Heller, a case that began when a local government placed a tax on a national bank

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

OMG I covered this stuff in December! Haha for question 15 I believe it would be the 4th quote. Question 16 the 1st answer. Question 17 3rd answer. the rest I dont know :(

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.