Ecuador Citizenship from property purchase...?

If my friend was to buy property for $25,000 in Ecuador, he would get residency, but could he also put my name on the property as well to get me citizenship too?

-Or is it $25,000 per person?

Best Answer

It is NOT possible to obtain citizenship, or even legal residency, in Ecuador through purchasing a property. NO country allows any immigration visa based on buying property.

This is a scam.

Besides, if you look at the costs of Ecuador properties these days, they start around USD100,000. B-i-g runup in Ecuador property prices over the past 3-4 years. He's not buying property in Ecuador for a measly $25,000.

Investment visa requires he invest in starting a biz in Ecuador which will hire Ecuadorian citizens.

I don't think so.

I would think if you would be a member of his family, maybe. This is about getting people to invest in the country, not the get the maximum number of residents.

Keep in mind this is about residency, not citizenship.

Why don't you marry an Ecuadorian girl! I'm sure it will cost you less. I would help but I'm only 17...sowiie :/

Hahaha..jk

But seriously follow it!!!

Maybe you will find a girl who you truly love and the marriage will be legit...you never know

it may be possible but never heard about this process

have you got a link ..

Better contact the nearest consulate and ask if this is true. It doesn't sound right.