Is it sinful to trade sex for money, if the person who is paying you is your spouse?

You tell your spouse you won't ever have sex unless they pay you. You don't enjoy it at all, and you will only do it for money. Your spouse agrees to pay.

Favorite Answer

I shoveled my fiance's car out of snow and de-iced her windshield and cleaned up after her pukey cats when it was needed. I didn't enjoy those things at all, but I didn't insist on money (or sex) in exchange. Sometimes we do things we don't enjoy, day in and day out, because they're part of the partner contract. If you withhold the fulfillment of your partner's needs, you're not holding up your part of the partnership, and yes that is sinful.

In these days of grace, when women can own property and support themselves after divorce, divorce without adultery is not the radical injustice it was in Biblical Israel. I think it is far, far better before God to divorce amicably rather than reduce marital relations to a commodity to be grudgingly haggled over.

• ?

If you want to pay your spouse for sex (or vise versa), there is nothing wrong with that. But if you deny them sex when they want it, that is a sin (1Cor 7:3-5).

*narrows eyes*

There's something wrong with that.

Maybe some kind of manipulation tactic relying on the selfishness (lack of love) of one person over the other. Controlling someone with an inferiority complex can't be altogether nice. It's like keeping a sick person sick all the time by convincing them they still have to stay in bed when in fact, they are perfectly capable of getting up and walking around.

And destroy the reason for marriage? Some married women are the best paid prostitutes in the country.

Tell her you are going to get other bids then look at the quality of the product and the price offered and make your decision and that you will call her if you need her.

• "The love of money is the root of all evil." 1 Timothy 6:10

Its not a sin its just sad. If you have to pay your wife for sex, time for a divorce.

If my Wife said she would only have sex with me if I Paid her then she would be penniless because with Hookers I could be Banging 20's in my 80's

The money aspect would be only one of several sinful aspects of such a situation.

Why would a married couple buy or sell sex with one another?