Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Dining OutFast Food · 7 years ago

First day of work at McDonald's?

My first day of work is tomorrow. I'm 15 and scared out of my mind. What do I do when I first get there? Do I just walk behind the counter? Do I tell someone to go get the manager? What will I be doing? Do they just make me start at the counter right away or does someone train me? I'm so scared

Also, my great uncle died so I'm going to his funeral over the weekend, and I don't know my schedule yet. Should I tell the manager when I first get there or should I wait until she gives me my schedule.

Favorite Answer

Nothing to be nervous about! I started at McD's at 16. On my first day, I watched a few how to videos, and they put me on fries, and had me stock certain items. Of course they don't automatically bombard you with order-taking, especially if there is a crowd, and if so you will have plenty of help. They usually let you leave early. The next couple of days after, you will get trained on the register. I messed up all the time, and I still do 3 years later. It takes time to familiarize yourself with the screen, and my customers understood that whenever I would apologize. "sorry sir/mam this is my first day/week of work" usually eases the situation. I went from nervous wreck mixing up orders to becoming a crew trainer mixing up a few every now and then. :) It happens to the best of us! I'm sure you'll do fine! Hope all goes well!

Congrats!!! Make sure you tell your manager about the wake and funeral. They will respect that. Don't be scared and just listen to everything the trainer or managers have to tell you. There will be other employees that work there that might have a sluggish work ethic and don't care so don't fall into that trap. If you're working the counter or cleaning the bathroom, just do your best. Kick some butt tomorrow and good luck.

You have nothing to worry about. On your first day you will watch a bunch of training videos. My first day was 4 hours long and all I did was watch videos. Then a crew trainer will show you how to make the fries. It's easy, and pretty fun. Sometime later you'll be shown how to work the register. A trainer will be with you, so don't worry if you don't get it at first. You can always ask anyone for help. It's gonna be fine!

As for your schedule, tell her right away, it will show her that you're responsible. :)

I would ask the cashier can I speak to the manager it my first day of work. Besides they train you before they have you perform any kind of task. Yes you should let the manager know as soon as possible so he/she won't have to wait till the last minute to find a replacement. Also good luck wish I had a job at 15!

• Anne M

Don't worry! Just go in, walk up to the counter and tell the person your name and that you're scheduled to start work today (tomorrow). They will get the manager or asst. manager who will come out and tell you everything to do. They won't make you do anything until you've been trained on how to do it. All you have to do is listen, follow directions and do your best. You['ll be fine!!

1st of all, relax. You'll be taken through orientation, and then shown different things in the store.You will feel lost at 1st but as the day goes along, you'll begin to understand a bit more. You're not expected to learn everything in 1 day, You will do fine. Great luck to you. By the way, if you weren't nervous you would not be the type that would care about the job, and you do.

Don't worry, first job is always like that. Just go with confidence. Slowly you will learn all the things and things gonna manage on its own. Just go and get familiar with the things and environment, everything will be fine soon.

you need to let the manager know you have arrived they train you with another worker you will probably do something real easy the first day you dont report to another employee you go straight to a manager when they let you through the door to start your job

everything will go easier than you think. Someone will tell you what has to be done and make you do it by yourself otherwise you wouldn't learn anything. You have to take initiative most of the time so be sure to do that

probs gonna get raped in the kitchen by Ronald