How should I dress for summer in Utah, Nevada and California ?

I'm going on a 10 day road trip from Denver to San Francisco via Moab, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles. I will be doing lot's of hiking in the desert. How should I dress? I was thinking white shirts, some shorts and an umbrella. I heard that baggy clothing is ok too.... what do you guys think?

Favorite Answer

with the exception of San Francisco, dress for hot dry summer weather: shorts, t shirts, tank tops, flip flops, and maybe a hat to keep out the sun

San Francisco will be cooler, jeans and a t shirt with light jacket or sweatshirt will do the trick

Source(s): ..

It should be warm to hot most of the time, but San Francisco can be very chilly so take a jacket.

summer, summer? Oh god! Wear comfortable shorts and tshirt and/or tanktop! Utah for sure is going to be hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially when hiking!