promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Are you getting tired of libs saying that Palin said":i can see Russia from my back yard"?

Come on now . The facts tell us that saturday nite live said it ! BUT libs keep repeating it like it's the gospel ! WHY Do they like looking ignorant or just following orders?

Update:

sherry , Alaska has islands !!! & in fact on a clear day you can see A tiny sliver of Russsia from it .. Please look at the maps of the world!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

@Sherry,

Sarah Palin did NOT say she could see Russia from her house. This IS a quote from a skit that Tina Fey did dressed as Sarah Palin. The two of them are dead ringers for each other, which is why people get so dang confused. Being that you don't watch SNL, you probably heard it from someone who saw the skit and who really did think it was Sarah Palin. I saw the skit. My sister sent it to me in a YouTube video swearing it was Sarah Palin. It wasn't. It was Tina Fey.

The reason Tina Fey did the skit is because just a few days before, in response to a question about military use from the liberal media -- it started out, She's a woman. Is she going to be able to dispatch the military like the boys do, alluding to "emotional nuking" being a possibity, and Alaska has only six people living in it. Governor of Alaska? Isn't that like a ceremonial post? I'm no fan of Palin, but that was disgusting. It just shows you how duncy the liberal media is.

Anyway, Sarah Palin responded by talking about having to protect the Alaskan borders from Russia; having to dispatch the Air National Guard; that the Russians had flown into Alaskan airspace and she had to dispatch the national guard to chase them out. People laughed at her for that, Oh, yeah, the Russians! Hahaha! The Russians are coming! The Russians are coming! Crap like that from the 80s when we really were afraid that the Russians were coming. (Maybe you're too young to remember that? I don't know.)

Most people don't realize that in the winter when the Bering Sea freezes, sometimes the ice is so thick and widespread, one could literally walk from Alaska to Russia, vice versa.

People don't remember -- or don't care, or don't watch the news, have short memories, have a huh? what? moment between their video games, whatever, and so they don't know that the Russian Airforce has, on multiple occasions, flown into our airspace, just like the Chinese fly over Russia, just like the Americans fly over China, just like the Russians blew a South Korean passenger jet out of the sky in the early 80s for flying into Russian airspace, killing everybody on board.

The fact is, Palin, as governor, had to dispatch the Alaskan Air National Guard to chase the Russians out of our airspace, as have many governors before her. Alaska is a very large state, as you well know, and it can be quite a vulnerable border, which is why we have so many stations there, which is why your brother was stationed there, blah, blah, blah.

The media, wanting to make her look like a fool, mocked her, made fun of her, and failed to mention that they themselves had reported on the Air National Guard being dispatched to chase the Russians out of Alaskan airspace LONG before there was a 2008 election. But you know, in politics the truth doesn't matter. Winning is the only thing that matters.

Like I said before, I'm no fan of Palin. But the way the media did her, the way they treated her, and the way that magazine posted a picture of her and her baby boy on the cover of that magazine with the headline, Her biggest mistake, suggesting that her down syndrome baby was a mistake was SO disgusting, SO appalling, so vomitous, they never would have made that suggestion about a man. They never would have done a man like that.

@Dennis, I can't believe that five years later, anyone is still talking about this. What a bunch of malarky.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

The litany of the stupid things Palin has said is so long who keeps track of any one stupid thing over another. She is an embarrassment to her political party and most all intelligent women shun her.

And she actually did say that in an interview with ABC News's Charles Gibson, who asked Palin what insights she had from her state being so close to Russia. She responded: "They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."

• Di
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Yes. But it reminds they don't do research and find out it was Tina Fey who actually said that. Palin was factually correct when she made the opinion that on a clear day, from an area off the coast of Alaska, the coastline of Russian territory could be seen.

Ridicule of others is what Liberals do best.

• 6 years ago

I'm getting tied of seeing or hearing Sarah Palin in the media.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

Yeah, she's said far worse things, like.

" humans and dinosaurs where on the planet at the same tine"

• 6 years ago

they keep up this rant because they don't her "other " quote about the way the President handled the invation of Georgia, opening the door for Putin to go into Ukraine next.................She is apparently a "visionary".

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

They actually think she said that!!! But, when you consider that your average liberal gets their news from the comedy channel, it's not hard to understand how they can think such things.

• 6 years ago

You didn't build that

• 6 years ago

lib sheep

actually think SNL

is the news

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.