Which Republican on this list can you see that can defeat Hillary Clinton or any Democrat in 2016?
1. Marsha Blackburn (Tennessee congresswoman)
2. Virginia Foxx (Virignia congresswoman)
3. Tom Cotton (Arkansas congressman, Senate candidate in Arkansas)
4. Gov. Scott Walker (Wisconsin)
5. Gov. Chris Christie (New Jersey)
7. Gov. Bobby Jindal (Louisiana)
8. Gov. Rick Perry (Texas)
9. Gov. Mike Pence (Indiana)
10. Gov. Nikki Haley (South Carolina)
11. Gov. John Kasich (Ohio)
12. Trey Gowdy (South Carolina congressman)
13. Rand Paul (Kentucky senator)
14. Ted Cruz (Texas senator)
15. Former Gov. Mitch Daniels (Indiana)
16. Former Gov. Tim Pawlenty (Minnesota)
17. Former Gov. Frank Keating (Oklahoma)
18. Former Gov. Sarah Palin (Alaska)
19. Former Secy. of State Condoleezza Rice (California)
20. Former HP CEO Carly Fiorina (California)
21. Former Ebay CEO Meg Whitman (California)
22. John Thune (South Dakota senator)
Any one else? Thoughts?
- George LLv 77 years agoFavorite Answer
Nary a one at the moment. however, whether that will still be true 3 years from now remains to be seen.
- A M FrantzLv 77 years ago
I don't think anyone on that list could beat Clinton. Rice is the most obviously attractive candidate, but she has never run for or been elected to any office, and she is deeply tied, much more than Clinton, to the disastrous Iraq invasion. Candidates who look great on paper can turn out to be terrible - just ask President Rick Perry.
- navymomLv 57 years ago
Secy. Rice may have the best chance since she is poised from her service and intellect to be a world leader, not tied to a history of local politics, has name recoginition, and can wear a badge of loyality.
However, those same qualities could be held against the Secretary, as in a lack of expierence in dealing with constituants, no real hometown or region elected service as a base, and no history of being accsesable to the regular voter, only to one particular parties Comander-in-Chief.
- joshLv 47 years ago
I love Scott walker I'm gay and I find him attractive but anyway I would vote for him but I think condolleeza rice will win over hillary. People forget how popular Condolleezza rice is. Let's just say she will turn the electoral map all red
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 7 years ago
Condoleezza Rice could. Christie has also proven to be a strong (possible) candidate however there's no knowing what could happen. I'm actually a democrat so...Source(s): Personal Opinion
- Anonymous7 years ago
Benghazi and Hillary Clinton defeated Hillary Clinton.Source(s): Washington Post
- Taylor MichaelLv 47 years ago
the only "strong" candidate I see on that list is Rice. I do see a lot of great VP candidates though
- Mercadies2000Lv 77 years ago
I think the worst one has as good a chance as any to win over her.