Immigration case status?

I wanna know if my moms immigration status is still active because its been years now since she received a paper and was supposed to do something but she din't have money and now she does .

I called and they sent me to this webpage to ask but i dint understand the lady any help?

Favorite Answer

Call USCIS

1-800-375-5273

And the NVC

(603) 334-0700

Be sure to have your receipt number, case number or approval letter number. Go from what they tell you.

Find the paper your mom received and tell us what it's about. Generally speaking, if any immigration petition is in the making and no response is being made in many months, the petition is considered abandoned. But first we need to know based on whose petition your mom supposed to get a Green Card and what the "paper" said.

Source(s): An immigrant from Europe, I live in the charming old mission town San Buenaventura and work as an attorney in Santa Barbara, California.

something has gone wrong maybe

if she never responded to a letter the application was closed ...

you have to start again