Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 6 years ago

Sims 3 save won't load, the rest are fine?

I've been playing a save on sims 3 and decided to save and quit for a while. I came back and the loading screen froze at about 3/4 loaded. The music that my sims had playing on the stereo in the world was on, the mouse kept circling, and it didn't crash or close or anything. I tried again: same result but the other worlds I tried to load all worked just fine. I tried deleting my caches but it didn't work and I'd like to avoid deleting all my custom content if possible. Thanks! :D

• Erika
    Favorite Answer

It's likely that that particular save is corrupted, which can happen due to custom content, but unfortunately removing custom content won't fix the problem (although it may prevent corruption of other saves in the future).

If you have a backup (the game may have created a save with the same name except it ends in .backup), you could try loading that. Drag the regular save out of the save folder and delete .backup from the backup. That save should be one of the options when you choose which household to play.