Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 years ago

Does WalMart pay less than other retailers?

Bilal didn't bother to check.

Joshua - Sorry if this is above your IQ. You don't have to answer all of the questions. It isn't a contest.

Joshua - Did you answer my question? No. Hence the insult.

Victor - Costco isn't the same class of retailer like my examples.

Joshua - And slightly higher isn't it?

Joshua - Like I explained to Victor. Costco isn't the same class of retailer as Walmart. It is a club store. Using it would be cherry picking. Surely you are smarter than you let on to be.

LMAO - It's a club store where people pay membership fees. LMAO

Thanks for the entertainment but you lose.

Well, how stoopid is it to not realize the two stores are different. It is as obvious as night and day.

Yet you continue to argue the point LMAO

Maybe you should move to an easier board.

"and seem unwilling to consider anything else for)" unreasonable things yes.

"Stoopid is as stoopid does."

This has been entertaining but now you are a waste of time.

Best Answer

the rich people love business like WalMart

because slavery maximized their own profits and it's perfectly legal

• Nope.

You kids are invited to take the WalMart challenge.

> Google-map your house.

> Center there and search for the nearest WalMart. Note the distance.

> Here's the less-automated part - where you'll have to do more work. Using the WalMart as the center and the SAME DISTANCE as your search limit, find the most "WalMart-like" competitor. For example, a K-Mart is WAY more "WalMart-like" than a Home Depot is.

> Now compare employment demographics and you will ALMOST CERTAINLY find:

1) The WalMart pays MORE

2) The WalMart offers broader BENEFITS

3) ADVANCEMENT is WAY more tenable a proposition at the WalMart

4) If the other store was there first, its employees flocked to apply at the new WalMart.

5) If the WalMart was there first, its employees were happy to stay-put when the competitor opened.

6) MOST nearby shops are piggy-backing off the infrastructure the WalMart built.

7) No one ever picketed the lower paying competitor.

• is kmart even still open?

it seems that walmart has the dying dinosaur model like Kmart does... yes...

target does seem to be better...

EDIT: Peace, Target is the one for me and it beats Walmart all over the place in pretty much all your categories? lol

EDIT: while costco is different it could be included in a comparison if you wanted... it is still a retailer that focuses on a variety of basic household goods and the main difference is that it does have a membership fee...

it's REALLY not that far of a stretch and you just clearly stop talking about your point...as it was a HUGE fail and target does pay more and you just start calling names to hide your massive failure...

call more names... cons will surely take it as proof you are right

• Par 4

Take it from someone who worked for Target for three years, other places don't pay any better.

Five cent yearly raises for the win! Talk about a go-nowhere job.

What point are you attempting to make?

Wal-Mart could pay workers $14.98 / hour without raising prices:

http://www.demos.org/sites/default/files/publicati...

>>>Joshua - Sorry if this is above your IQ

It's not, I was just curious as to what point you're trying to make. Didn't want to put words in your mouth. Apologies for being considerate.

>>>Joshua - Did you answer my question? No. Hence the insult

This isn't even a question. Why would you ask a question and then provide the answer in the 'additional details' portion?

According to your source, Wal-Mart's base hourly rate is competitive with Target and K-mart. Is that representative of "retailers"? What of the likes of Costco -- which pays significantly higher than Wal-Mart and offers employees? Do they not count as 'retailer' in your opinion?

Are you content to just cherry pick data, all the while ignoring items that contradict your prejudices?

>>>Victor - Costco isn't the same class of retailer like my examples.

Which class of retailers is that? The class that contains data you agree with?

>>>Joshua - Like I explained to Victor. Costco isn't the same class of retailer as Walmart. It is a club store. Using it would be cherry picking. Surely you are smarter than you let on to be.

1 min ago

You didn't explain anything. You said that Costco wasn't in the same class as Wal-Mart. That's not an explanation. I asked why you thought that.

Again, ad hominem attacks on my intelligence aren't arguments. In fact, it makes you look like a petulant child. You could have simply informed me that you weren't considering membership-fee driven companies like Costco without the need to spew insults.

>>>Thanks for the entertainment but you lose.

Yep, you really told me. Unfortunately I never got the answer to my original question.

>>>Yet you continue to argue the point LMAO

I'm not continuing to argue. I am responding to your avoidance to elaborate on why your "question" (which you have already provided the answers for and seem unwilling to consider anything else for) is at all relevant, what point you are trying to make, etc

>>>Maybe you should move to an easier board.

But I'd miss you calling me stupid too much.

>>>This has been entertaining but now you are a waste of time.

I'd also consider trolling Y!A boards a waste of time. Even more so than usual when you're asking questions and providing the answers in your additional details section.

I sincerely hope you can learn to argue a point without feeling to need to call your opponent stupid, a waste of time, etc. I think you'll be much more successful in your endeavors if you learn to respect other people, even if you disagree.

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Employer=Wal-M... walmart pays -4% below market value.

Not that I am aware of