Please help!! Biology questions?

I need help with the following questions. Immediate help would be great!!

1. A subsequent exposure to a pathogen which elicits rapid division of memory cell.

2. Type of immune response in which specific antibodies are produced against a specific pathogen

3. The body's non-specific defense against viruses; causes noninfected cells to produce antiviral proteins.

4. Type of cells which "patrol" body tissues for years following an initial exposure to a pathogen.

5. What occurs throughout entire body as a response to infection and causes interference with pathogen metabolism/reproduction.

I am not a lazy person; I am just having trouble with these last few questions and need some help. Thanks!

Update:

Kenny Vi

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

1) Not sure of the textbook term but secondary exposure would work.

2) Adaptive Immunity

3) Innate Immunity

4) B cells

5) Memory T cells

6) Compliment Cascade (97% sure)

Source(s): Microbiology College student
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

The adaptive immune system, also known as the acquired immune system or, more rarely, as the specific immune system, is composed of highly specialized, systemic cells and processes that eliminate or prevent pathogen growth. One of the two main immunity strategies found in vertebrates (the other being innate immunity), acquired immunity creates immunological memory after an initial response to a specific pathogen, leading to an enhanced response to subsequent encounters with that same pathogen.

I think the answer is: The adaptive immune system, but not too sure.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

This is Kenny Fisher isn't it? You're doing sandvigs crossword

• Kenny6 years agoReport

No I'm not Kenny Fisher.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.