I Want to SUE My Landlord?

My relative's neighbor is a landlord and owns a lot of real estate in our neighborhood. She buys condos and then rents them out. She had a vacancy I was interested in, and charged me a reasonable amount for rent. However- no contract. All rent is paid in cash and under the table. Our verbal agreement is that... show more My relative's neighbor is a landlord and owns a lot of real estate in our neighborhood. She buys condos and then rents them out. She had a vacancy I was interested in, and charged me a reasonable amount for rent. However- no contract. All rent is paid in cash and under the table. Our verbal agreement is that from time to time- WITH notice- she will show off the apartment to potential buyers.

This all seemed like a fine deal since rent includes everything including utilities. But about two months in, my landlord started getting more nosy. Calling me up to demand she come by to just "look around and make sure you're putting holders under the chairs so my new wood floors don't get damaged." Or asking to come by to pick up tiles she forgot for another apartment. One time she text me the same day and insisted she come by. When I claimed I was not home, she inquired if she could just get the key from me- or barge in herself. I have a lot of private things lying around and don't want her rummaging through them.

Fed up with someone who seems more like an overprotective mother then a landlord, I had the locks changed so she couldn't break in. Sure enough one Sunday afternoon I hear a pounding on my door, and when I opened it I found my flustered landlord, looking sick and bewildered, saying "Why doesn't this key work?"

She now wants me out- despite the fact that I have paid her in advance for a few months rent. How can anyone be that horrid? I am legally allowed to do what I WANT in MY apartment! I am taking her to court now. Why is she doing this?
Update: I didn't try to cheat anything. I want to know why my landlord is acting like a crazy person.
Update 2: @reenz- you're a dumb idiot. WHAT the hell did I say I was doing on her property? ITS MY ******* APARTMENT! I pay my rent on time every month. I am not breaking laws. I have my private things in my apartment and she has no right to barge in when I'm home and "look around". Notice is always... show more @reenz- you're a dumb idiot. WHAT the hell did I say I was doing on her property? ITS MY ******* APARTMENT! I pay my rent on time every month. I am not breaking laws. I have my private things in my apartment and she has no right to barge in when I'm home and "look around". Notice is always required. Stupid bytch.