If the world were going to end in 24 hours, where would you travel to in the United States and why?

For example, I would drive up the coast of the Pacific Northwest to see the beaches in Olympic National Park one last time before the planet's demise. The tidepools are beyond outstanding and the forested, pristine coastline is like none other. This is how I determined next summer's vacation. What are some other amazing places to visit in the US (or North America) that just can't be beaten?

Favorite Answer

Oooo, Olympic Nat'l Park, good choice. I used to spend summers near there on the Washington coast when I was a kid. Beautiful.

I have too many places to list. Home to Colorado maybe. One last ride on the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad, or drive on the million dollar highway between Durango and Ouray. Mesa Verde with a side trip to Monument Valley and Canyon de Chelly in Arizona, up to Canyonlands, Arches and Moab area and maybe Zion and Bryce (all in Utah) time permitting. Santa Fe, NM! Dang, could I squeeze that in too?

If the other side of the country, Savannah, GA. I'd sit in an historic square waiting for the world to end while eating low country cooking under a palmetto dripping with Spanish Moss and go out completely happy.

Well, I don't have the money to go back right now and I don't drive so it would be pointless to go, or even try.

Even if I was in the US, there's not much I'd do. Probably just watch some porn and just wait for the end while munching on something good.

Either that or if there was a chance of surviving, I might take it and see where it would go from there. I think it would be fun to be in a post-apocalyptic world.. for like maybe a week. Then I'd want all my tech and easy life back

I wouldn't waste my time trying to travel somewhere if I only had a day. I'd grab my family if they were around, or shack up with my girl.

I would travel to the Oregon coast because it is one of the most beautiful places in this country!!!!

For me it would be to Rahway New Jersey and i would go to my old apartmart where I grew up as a kid and remember all the awesome things I did in life.

Nowhere i dont want to end up in jail before i die .

Death Valley

it is a bizarre and unusual place

not to mention very warm

Source(s): ..

A church. I would want to hedge my bets.

Why waste time creating memories if they will be gone in 24 hours?

OOHHH !! you were speaking metaphorically.

Source(s): as our old motto goes: Keep Washington Green, Bring money.