Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 6 years ago

Can I sue a lady who wrecked my parked car? (More info in comments)?

I bought a 2013 Nissan Altima 11/6/13. I went home to San Antonio for thanksgiving. The night before thanksgiving this lady in a 2013 Tahoe slammed into the front of my car. It was parked in front my father's house with the flow of traffic. She slammed into it and dragged it up the road. She claims she fell asleep... And she also mentioned she has Parkinson's. She's an older lady. Her insurance has already totaled the car and paid USAA (who I got the auto loan from) the total of my loan amount. I have no car and no auto loan. Am I too late to sue? Should I sue? Should she have been driving? How can I get answers? Thanks.

• Elson

Too late now as mentioned before, Andy gave you a very good and descriptive response, you are lucky her insurance laid off your loan, if she had left you couldve been on the hook for all the costs of the car

• WRG

When you accepted the settlement and they paid it off that was the end of it. If you thought it was worth more or you had additional damages you should not have accepted the settlement.