Anonymous

Which school is better? Pros? Cons?

West Chester University of Pennsylvania

OR

Towson University (In Maryland)

I'm going in as undecided but my intended major is Occupational Therapy.

If you could give me pros, cons about each and just give me a general idea.. I like biggish school, diversity, the whole college feel type thing!!! I'm just so indecisive about it I constantly change my mind! HELP!

Best Answer

http://www.aota.org/education-careers/find-school/...

According to the AOTA accreditation list, only Townsend University offers a BS/MS program in OT. The other school you listed isn't even on the list for OT, so it seems if you wish to be in Occupational Therapy, the only choice you have is Townsend. UNLESS You major in something different during your undergrad, then apply to another school for your Masters for OT.

However, I wouldn't just rely on OT as your major unless you're 100% set on choosing OT. Many students change their majors at least a few times in college, I changed mine three times.

Source(s): I am a 4th year OT student
  • They're both relatively equal in terms of reputation and ranking. Towson University may be more academically rigorous. Towson University is also more diverse with 65% white and 35% minorities while West Chester is 85% white.

Towson is the only one of the two that offers a degree in Occupational Therapy.