Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 6 years ago

Is this laptop good for basic internet browsing, watching movies and flash games?

I literally know nothing about computers except how to turn them on and access the internet and real basic stuff... I just want a cheap laptop to watch DVDs or downloaded movies, search the web and maybe a flash game every now and then. Is this computer good enough for what if like to use it for?? Thank you!!

HP - 15.6" Laptop - 4GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Black Licorice

Features

AMD Quad-Core A6-5200 Accelerated Processor with AMD Radeon HD 8400 graphics

Ensures optimal computing performance.

4GB DDR3 SDRAM

For multitasking power, expandable to 8GB.

Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive

Lets you create custom DVDs and CDs.

15.6" LED-backlit high-definition display

With BrightView technology and 1366 x 768 resolution clearly presents media.

750GB hard drive (5400 rpm)

Offers spacious storage and fast read/write times. Also includes 25GB of lifetime Cloud storage from Box, so you can access files on the go.

AMD Radeon HD 8400 graphics

Deliver rich, vibrant visuals. An HDMI output

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

well I recommend the Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p 59388313 15.6-Inch Laptop (Dusk Black).

Plays Like An Athlete, Works Like A Pro. If you're looking for a feature-rich laptop that's good for high-performance multimedia, extreme gaming, and other graphics, audio and processor intensive applications, look no further than the IdeaPad Y510p. It's the high-performance notebook with looks to match. Sporting a brushed metal exterior and interior, including a backlit keyboard, the IdeaPad Y510p combines an impressive design with the latest 4th Gen Intel Core processor, discrete NVIDIA graphics and premium JBL designed speakers making this a true multimedia powerhouse. And if that's not enough, you can add even more with the unique UltraBay - an interchangeable bay that can be swapped out for dual graphics capability, increased storage or an additional fan for cooling.

•Dual NVIDIA GeForce GT750M Discrete graphics (SLI) with 2GB dedicated DDR5 VRAM - supports the latest DirectX 11 games and HD video editing

•Dolby Home Theater v4, for full impact surround sound with premium JBL speakers

•Ultrabay: an interchangeable bay that can be instantly swapped out for dual graphics capability (2nd graphics card included in Ultrabay), DVD/Blu Ray drive, increased storage space or an additional fan for cooling (DVD/BluRay drives and storage options sold separately)

•Integrated 720p HD webcam and a dual digital array microphone for crystal clear webchat

•Intelligent TouchPad, optimized for Windows 8 with easy scroll, zoom and rotate functions

•HDMI out, two USB 2.0 ports, one USB 3.0 port

•Lenovo Energy Management minimizes power use and protects battery life

•Intel Core i7-4700MQ 2.4 GHz Processor (6 MB Cache)

•8 GB DDR3 RAM

•Bluetooth Version 4.0, 1 TB 5400 rpm HDD and 8 GB Solid-State Drive Memory

•Non-Touchscreen 15.6-Inch Display, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GT750M Discrete Graphics

•Windows 8, 4-hour battery life

http://amzn.to/LmHIq7

Attachment image
  • 4 years ago

The page you have linked to at Sears provides answers to some of your questions. Here are the key specs: 7" LCD (800 x 480 pixels) Windows Embedded Compact 7 1GHz ARM11 processor 512MB RAM 2GB Flash HDD MicroSD card slot Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n Ethernet 3 x USB 2.0 ports Microphone / headphone jacks While this netbook features significantly more processing power and memory than the previous model in this line (SYNET7WID: 300MHz / 128MB), it is still a very humble system by today's standards. Additionally, the screen is tiny. For these reasons, this really shouldn't be your primary computer, whether for streaming videos or composing essays or reports. (And since I have no way of knowing your level of technical expertise, let me remind that the owner must provide or designate a point for Internet access.) So your guardian may be effectively throwing away the $100 she'll pay for this Sylvania; and neither of you will be happy in the end. Even considering your family is on a budget, there are much better choices available for another $200 or so. If I were you, I would figure out a way to contribute to, or make up for, the cost of a better system -- maybe no birthday or Christmas gifts for the next three years? Mow some lawns next summer? Do some babysitting? Because as I see it, you may end up never using this device -- but even a modest entry-level HP or Acer should still be functional, and allow you to be productive, three years from now.

• nilan
    Lv 5
    6 years ago

Those specs are matching for medium task. all your needs become easily working in this laptop.

But Laptop is a compact and portability. also do you think to working long time pls use cooling pad for better cooling. use power adapter to speed up the system. because if you set balanced power management, speed reduced when you using battery power.

Also use better virus and security guard for fight viruses and mal ware.

• RAY
    Lv 5
    6 years ago

Possibly not. You need i3 minimum but better i5

The lower spec machines will get outdated very quickly.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.